Booze and cycling

Guest Travis.

Guest Travis.

How much does it affect riding?

I've dopped hard the night before and still cycle the next morning sometimes still vrot from the previous night's drinking, sometimes hungover. And I must say I don't really see a decrease in performance.

Plus, what are your general feelings in regards to beer as carboloading?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only cycled once the night after a bit too much wine and I felt crap. Didn't help that it was a hot day but I never did it again

How hard is hard and how much sleep did you get?

Cant imagine myself heading out for a 80k MTB ride after 18 beers, bottle of red, a few double single malts and a couple of tequilas on 4 hours sleep..?

Guest Travis.

Well, if you are *** sleg to begin with, then, sure, you wont see a difference...

Haha! Nice personal attack.

Cant imagine myself heading out for a 80k MTB ride after 18 beers, bottle of red, a few double single malts and a couple of tequilas on 4 hours sleep..?

To be honest Honk, I can't imagine myself getting OUT OF BED after all that!

How much does it affect riding?

I've dopped hard the night before and still cycle the next morning sometimes still vrot from the previous night's drinking, sometimes hungover. And I must say I don't really see a decrease in performance.

Plus, what are your general feelings in regards to beer as carboloading?

How old are you? When I was younger we used to play many rounds of squash in the evenings followed by short bursts of double G&T;s and then more squash. If I had to do that now (20 years on) I would probably die! I feel a couple of beers on a ride the following day, not muscle tired or anything, just more thirsty than usual.

Guest Travis.

Def not 18 beers. About 8 beers, few shots of jagsemeisies, some tequila and maybe a lekker strawpedo or 2. 4 hours of sleep is plenty though.

Guest Travis.

How old are you? When I was younger we used to play many rounds of squash in the evenings followed by short bursts of double G&T;s and then more squash. If I had to do that now (20 years on) I would probably die! I feel a couple of beers on a ride the following day, not muscle tired or anything, just more thirsty than usual.

This is what I'm getting at. Legs, etc feel good, just a bit more thirsty. So some water and sometimes another beer and it's good to go. I'm 30 btw

I can drink quite a bit the night before a race and not feel to bad, but I have been drinking every night for the last couple of weeks. Its that time of year, year end functions, lunches etc, couple whiskeys here, few brandys there. And I must say it has caught up with me, I was nowhere in my race yesterday.