Christmas Bonus time - solomons

Swift01

Well it seems silly season has hit, and it is Christmas bonus time .......... 50% mark ups in under 2 months....

Bought a SRAM ss chain as backup for 3 towers, in Oct for R99.99 Gave it to my nephew as he broke his chain. Then mine broke :wacko: and urgently need a new one for this coming weekend.

Asked someone to get me the same SRAM chain from the same shop. He comes back with it.... R149.99.....

Is it Christmas bonus time or is it because they expanded their shop and need more money.... Can't be exchange rate that didn't go up 50% and has been up for some time now.

One can understand prices go up but 50% in 2 months is crazy. Bit like finish line cycles, Santa cruz hanger R130. 1.5 months later (after expanding their shop) same item R213....

post-2645-0-04264500-1385615532_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe R99 was a special?

I didn't realize any bike parts cost under a R100

hehehehe those SS chains are quite cheap.

Gordie, josh had them for under 100 bucks the last time I was there...think he had one in stock.

Their cost price on that chain is under R70. They are making more than 100% profit.

I suppose you need to do your research and make an informed decision when buying from anywhere.

At least your school fees were not too much this time.

My new chain was R600. Where can I get for under R100 :-)

Cyclists workshop, see a previous post...we will need to modify your bike "slightly" though(I will do it for free)....you know that thing at back where the chain runs over. Haal hom af :thumbup:

Knowing Swift01 very well (best man at my wedding and visa versa) him over paying for this chain is eating him alive, I'm sitting at my desk laughing my ass off, this is killing him....

That's karma for making me wear a kilt at your wedding.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Their cost price on that chain is under R70. They are making more than 100% profit.

I suppose you need to do your research and make an informed decision when buying from anywhere.

At least your school fees were not too much this time.

Sadly I don't have a car for a few weeks so had to rely on other people helping me fetch spares. Normally I am the king at sniffing out a cheap deal - something to do with the scotsman in me :-)