Christmas Bonus time - solomons

Swift01

With regard to the original post - there are two Santa Cruz hangers; QR and Thru-axle. It would appear that you were charged the former price in the first instance, and subsequently the latter ( and no doubt correct) price in the second. 'Phone around for prices on Santa Cruz hangers, I doubt very much you will find them any cheaper elsewhere - and no, our prices have not increased due to shop expansion.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

90% of the items on special @ solomons they don't have in stock anymore, besides the asos bib I ordered.

Website really needs a upgrade.

With Cajees and Solomons you need to do your homework. Surf the web for cheapest price (ie BuyCycle, CWC, etc), print webpage, go to shop and act noob as you want the product on the printed page (with finger next to price, two fingers for the more expensive stuff).

Works a million every time.

With regard to the original post - there are two Santa Cruz hangers; QR and Thru-axle. It would appear that you were charged the former price in the first instance, and subsequently the latter ( and no doubt correct) price in the second. 'Phone around for prices on Santa Cruz hangers, I doubt very much you will find them any cheaper elsewhere - and no, our prices have not increased due to shop expansion.

I bought the frame from finish line and he knows very well what hanger is what. Before I even took the bike on a real ride some rope got caught and broke the hanger which I bought. I then went to the same guy to get a spare hanger but almost double the price (and this time did not come with the bolt) either he took a chance or they put their prices up. Either way I won't go back on principle. Same guys is trying to sell the 2012 frame as the price of the 2013 frame. No wonder it is not selling :-)

With Cajees and Solomons you need to do your homework. Surf the web for cheapest price (ie BuyCycle, CWC, etc), print webpage, go to shop and act noob as you want the product on the printed page (with finger next to price, two fingers for the more expensive stuff).

Works a million every time.

In this case having just bought one at 99 bux from the same shop, there should have been no need to shop around. Pity I could not go there myself (no car) cause I would have certainly said something to them and shopped at another shop....

I bought the frame from finish line and he knows very well what hanger is what. Before I even took the bike on a real ride some rope got caught and broke the hanger which I bought. I then went to the same guy to get a spare hanger but almost double the price (and this time did not come with the bolt) either he took a chance or they put their prices up. Either way I won't go back on principle. Same guys is trying to sell the 2012 frame as the price of the 2013 frame. No wonder it is not selling :-)

You tell them gordie.....

Apologies for speaking out of turn, but the last time I needed a hanger, I went to Cajees. The guy dug out a box with like a hundred different hangers in it from under the counter. I scratched around, found what I needed, and then we negotiated a price. And that was on a sunday afternoon. I like cajees, I often buy bits and pieces from their "used" stock.

Edited by Cellar

90% of the items on special @ solomons they don't have in stock anymore, besides the asos bib I ordered.

Website really needs a upgrade.

A lot of retail stores have websites which are largely meaningless.!

Did they actually have a bib in you size.?

Is that the R999 Uno.?

The were "out of stock on most" when I enquired a while ago ...

These days, you need to know what something costs before you go into a shop. The price on the tag means nothing unless it's cheaper than what you had in mind.

If you over paid, it's because:

• You didn't research the price before hand
  • You sent someone else to buy it
  • You have too much money and should give me some.

The shop can no longer be blamed for "overcharging". The internet will provide you with the going rate. Don't be lazy - do some research on the online shops before going instore.

Some shops price fairly (Tool-Up and similar), some take the chance that you don't know better (Solomons and Cajees and similar).

Gordie, think Solomons works on a price based on when goods were received @ what exchange/cost.

I got a 6 bolt to center lock adapter, price diff on the 2 was R20. Seen the same with seat posts i bought.

I took the cheaper in each case :whistling:

I sold a friend a XT chain for R180, what i paid, you think i could find another 10sp @ that price?

Gordie, think Solomons works on a price based on when goods were received @ what exchange/cost.

I got a 6 bolt to center lock adapter, price diff on the 2 was R20. Seen the same with seat posts i bought.

I took the cheaper in each case :whistling:

I sold a friend a XT chain for R180, what i paid, you think i could find another 10sp @ that price?

R20 I can understand but R49 on a previous R99 item is suspect. Unless we are paying extra for the bigger floor shop area :-)

Once I have a car again I will make a trip past them and grill them on the possible reasons for such an increase. Nothing like a scotsman bargaining with the Indians. Could take last a while :-)

I shop at Solomon's woodmead often and have always found their services and prices reasonable knowing what prices online and elsewhere are.

There are many here who will give Solomon's a rave.

In your case, it was probably old stock that you managed to get at a good price and when the new stock was received it was marked at the new price.

And as we know nothing in parts cycling is made locally so would have been priced according to the exchange rate etc.

R20 I can understand but R49 on a previous R99 item is suspect. Unless we are paying extra for the bigger floor shop area :-)

Once I have a car again I will make a trip past them and grill them on the possible reasons for such an increase. Nothing like a scotsman bargaining with the Indians. Could take last a while :-)

mexican standoff....gordie vs aktaar...who will crack first.....que good, bad and ugly theme