Ghost warranty Advice?

mad bout mtb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Black swing arm on that green frame would look very sweet. IMHO, Ghost has come to the party and if it were me, I would be a happy customer :clap: But yeah, OP has to be the happy one. From what I know that if the original paintwork is altered / changed - warranty is null and void - no????

I think the black looks better than the green. IMHO but it is up to the op

Hey that black kinda looks cool.

Black swing arm on that green frame would look very sweet. IMHO, Ghost has come to the party and if it were me, I would be a happy customer :clap: But yeah, OP has to be the happy one. From what I know that if the original paintwork is altered / changed - warranty is null and void - no????

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. Even though the black does not look too bad I prefer the look of the green and this is why I created this thread. Ultimately I am the customer and I should be happy with the product, I shouldn't have to settle.

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. Even though the black does not look too bad I prefer the look of the green and this is why I created this thread. Ultimately I am the customer and I should be happy with the product, I shouldn't have to settle.

Yip

It's after all your ride.

Maybe they should then say well seeing that they can't accommodate you with a green bit, they will respray it and not void the warranty as it is actually their fault that they don't have the part.

Because in the end of the day... it is their fault that they don't have the green swing arm. You bought the green bike for a reason, if you wanted a black one you would've bought a black one.

Yip

It's after all your ride.

Maybe they should then say well seeing that they can't accommodate you with a green bit, they will respray it and not void the warranty as it is actually their fault that they don't have the part.

Because in the end of the day... it is their fault that they don't have the green swing arm. You bought the green bike for a reason, if you wanted a black one you would've bought a black one.

Sorry but the bike was black AND green to begin with.

Edited by Gandalf

Considering that black is already a prominent feature of the colour scheme/design (in my opinion), then I think the black actually suits the bike better than the original green...

Also, considering that you will most likely put a black chain guard/protector on the drive side, then I really don't see the the bit of green sticking out on the non-drive side as a primary part of the overall colour scheme. Especially not when the entire bike is assembled with black rims and black tires, etc... etc...

It's just my opinion, and it doesn't mean you have to settle for it.

Stop being difficult and take the warranty. Read your terms and conditions. My opinion if I was the manufacturer would be to only keep black replacement parts in stock

the actual problem is that the green looks horrible, spray it all black ! :huh:

jokes aside i think its reasonable to accept a neutral colour if its not the current model any longer, if it was blue or red or something I would agree. take the bike and ride man

You have to be a little bit reasonable as well - they are swopping out a neutral colour that looks acceptable. It's not what you want but thats life roll with the punches, ie first world problems....

This idea that the customer is always right, is a problematic myth.

Dude, the black looks great, don't be difficult.

I think you have had pretty good service from BBT.

The black looks great.

Big up to BBT you guys did a great job.

Stop being difficult and take the warranty. Read your terms and conditions. My opinion if I was the manufacturer would be to only keep black replacement parts in stock

The black actualy is looking better on the bike, I would go with that.

You have to be a little bit reasonable as well - they are swopping out a neutral colour that looks acceptable. It's not what you want but thats life roll with the punches, ie first world problems....

This idea that the customer is always right, is a problematic myth.

Dude, the black looks great, don't be difficult.

I think you have had pretty good service from BBT.

Thanks again for the input guys. Yes I get it, you all would settle for the black and that is fine. My colour scheme is light though, silver rims etc so the chainstay would still be visible even with a slap sock. Saying that it doesn't look bad and that I should just accept it is like a panelbeater saying that they are out of white paint and that they are going to spray your car part black. Would you be happy with that? Sure it would make a unique but are you going to be happy with it? Not really a first world problem.

Thanks again for the input guys. Yes I get it, you all would settle for the black and that is fine. My colour scheme is light though, silver rims etc so the chainstay would still be visible even with a slap sock. Saying that it doesn't look bad and that I should just accept it is like a panelbeater saying that they are out of white paint and that they are going to spray your car part black. Would you be happy with that? Sure it would make a unique but are you going to be happy with it? Not really a first world problem.

Having dealt with the guys at BBT before, I know they go the extra mile to make customers happy and provide a great service...

As has been stated, it's a model that is no longer current, so I feel that you should take the replacement and be happy with it... It may not be perfect, it may not be what you bought to begin with, but it is covered and replaced as requested. What does your warrantee specifically state regarding replacement parts? You may find a nice little clause covering them for this exact thing. Again, it seems like they've done pretty damn well to what others have experienced, and provided as best they can for the situation..

If you really don't like it, go to maizey plastics, get some green vynil wrap, and cover that... Won't void the warrantee and color matched. In fact, you can stay right around BBT and see the guys at fineline design just further along from the BBT office park entrance, they could do it for you.

And then see rule #5.

Geesh! Do all you people have little hand holding parties with BBT?

Why should the OP be left anywhere different from when he purchased the bike? Bicycle choice is a very personal thing, quite frankly, your opinion on how it looks means F-all. What matters is that your product failed and you are trying to pass off something different as acceptable. It clearly is not acceptable to him.

BBT, Sort your customer out. Restore him to his original position (or better). Well done on losing a future customer (or 10/50/100).