this AR the Adventure Racing thread

Shebeen

The Russians have won 

Dave do you know if there ever was anything about their, and the French team's use of the N7 early in the race? 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens if you miss a Control Point? Like do you get time penalty or a DNF or what?

What happens if you miss a Control Point? Like do you get time penalty or a DNF or what?

You would go right to the bottom of the log with other teams who missed control points. Probably depends on the race director if they would rank teams who missed controls, and if they would rank them according to number of controll missed. A team with a missing member (Nevarest) unfortunately also go to the bottom of the log 

Race director briefing and within the race book it states that N7 may be used. Overseas teams (and off course SA teams) just to be cautious and vigilant as this is a national highway/road.

Dave do you know if there ever was anything about their, and the French team's use of the N7 early in the race? 

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

When you are lost, you are lost...

If Nevarest Origin (49) continue on that pat they are now, they should soon see the valley below. They should be able to orientate the map acordingly and then make their way to T5.

Steaks & Kidney (22) reached the river - not sure if this will help them orientate where they are, but if they can figure out where they are, there's a hiking rail that could take them to T5. Both teams will be very hungry.

Rustproof and Parallel both on the canyon-leg now - Parallel has a good lead over Rustproof. Jut ahead of Parallel is Team 40 (couples retreat) - with the new Freedom Challenge race directors Chris and Julia Fisher, and also RASA finisher Tim Deane and his wife. 

Jabberwock just left the cycle; the French team is doen with the abseil and on their way to the last transition.

Merrel and EnduranceifeUK are still racing each other to get to teh abseil first - currently it looks like Merrel is slightly ahead.

Ranking works as follow

1 Full teams full course

2 Full Team Short Course

3 Partial Team Full Course

4 Partial Team Partial Course

So never leave a team mate behind, rather get all team members to the finish line and miss checkpoints

Edited by dave303e

Parallel is on the last cycling leg. They cliped the last CP a while ago and on the last stretch down Gifberg now.  About 10-20 kms left, should be in this afternoon. 

They should finish 17th. Issy Adventure is about 5km behind them but they still on the climb, so that gap should widen a bit.

Rustproof is at T7 - the last transition. Only the last cycling leg of 59km left.  

A massive achievement so far!!

Well done to all the guys that raced it looked like a rough one this year, not going to lie there were one or two evenings where I was glad to be in bed and not in the mountains.

You know it is a proper adventure when during it you want to be back home and afterwards you want to be back out there...

Some Notables-

Rustproof had a very sick team member leading up to the event, so much so they were considering a replacement, he pulled through and considering the circumstances leading up to it they did an excellent job to get a full team, full course Finnish.

King Price Insurance!

For those that don't know this team did not have a single member until 2 weeks before the race, literally on the 7th of may or somewhere the original team had all pulled out and one of the media crew started phoning around to put the team together. When I got the call it was a bit late so I was unfortunately unable to race due to work otherwise I would have raced with them.

Just stop and think about that, 560km expedition race with 2 weeks prep, they not only raced, but at one stage they were in top 3 and they ended up 11th overall. 

Parallel for passing a whole bunch of teams on the last 2 legs again this year, if they raced at the pace of the last 2 legs for the whole race I think some top teams will be nervous...

Well done to all the guys that raced it looked like a rough one this year, not going to lie there were one or two evenings where I was glad to be in bed and not in the mountains.

You know it is a proper adventure when during it you want to be back home and afterwards you want to be back out there...

Some Notables-

Rustproof had a very sick team member leading up to the event, so much so they were considering a replacement, he pulled through and considering the circumstances leading up to it they did an excellent job to get a full team, full course Finnish.

King Price Insurance!

For those that don't know this team did not have a single member until 2 weeks before the race, literally on the 7th of may or somewhere the original team had all pulled out and one of the media crew started phoning around to put the team together. When I got the call it was a bit late so I was unfortunately unable to race due to work otherwise I would have raced with them.

Just stop and think about that, 560km expedition race with 2 weeks prep, they not only raced, but at one stage they were in top 3 and they ended up 11th overall. 

Parallel for passing a whole bunch of teams on the last 2 legs again this year, if they raced at the pace of the last 2 legs for the whole race I think some top teams will be nervous...

like she says at 7:25 - "That's so awesome"

Shebeen's team taking a nice tigerline to CP 26. That CP wreaked havoc with the top teams today - hope visibility is a bit better than lunchtime. Gonna be a cold night out for them but report are that the rain cleared up a bit.

ja, that was a great route choice....just not at night!

most amazing rock formations, and well off the beaten path so not expecting many people to have been there. was worth it just to see god's lego playground

Hahaha our issue is we have had a 'noob' lady 3 years in a row. It takes a couple of days for them to find their feet out there and we don't want to break her early on. No matter how long the race, you only get to blow once!

If Ingrid decides to stay on with us we can start looking at 'racing' from the go. For now we are more focused on the 'Adventure' and less on the 'Racing'!

That was a tough race. The weather, the route, the whole shebang. Super proud of all the teams who got home in one piece with a full course finish. I definitely questioned what I was doing out there once or twice!

I'm glad some of you followed and got involved!

kiff video edit from VUURTORING himself

Hahaha our issue is we have had a 'noob' lady 3 years in a row. It takes a couple of days for them to find their feet out there and we don't want to break her early on. No matter how long the race, you only get to blow once!

If Ingrid decides to stay on with us we can start looking at 'racing' from the go. For now we are more focused on the 'Adventure' and less on the 'Racing'!

That was a tough race. The weather, the route, the whole shebang. Super proud of all the teams who got home in one piece with a full course finish. I definitely questioned what I was doing out there once or twice!

I'm glad some of you followed and got involved!

ha ha, stop scaring chicks away then!! ours has "retired", again!

ja, that was a great route choice....just not at night!

most amazing rock formations, and well off the beaten path so not expecting many people to have been there. was worth it just to see god's lego playground

Awesome video you posted on ExpeditionAfrica FB page about the battle of Sneeukop :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...