[Event] MTN NATIONAL MTB SERIES #1 Dullstroom

Tim_Fair

SS Timing was also shocking promised to post provisional results straight after the race but never did even after prize giving.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My sentiments exactly. I cannot fathom what thinking there is behind having 3 races converge on slightly technical tight single track at the finish of a race?! The ultra guys are on a different pace, the marathon guys are racing for a finish and the half-marathon guys (mostly) have neither the speed nor the skills to negotiate the single track at any kind of speed. It's unfair on every rider.

As for running out of water on the last water point when the B guys were coming through! That is unforgiveable and had the potential to end really badly for someone.

And lastly they cannot get the distance of altitude right. FFS guys; ride the course with more than one GPS, compare distance, do an elevation correction, then compare elevation gain. Take an average and publish that. NOT rocket science guys.

I bet the Barberton guys are thinking to themselves = we told you so.

Unfortunately I have to agree with all the points you raised here. The race was not up to standard . Running out of water and anything to drink is unforgivable.

I am seriously reconsidering if I will do Sabie. If the planning is as *** there it is going to be a big mess.

I do see on twitter that they themselves think the race was fantastic.

I think the way it works there is a local organiser, 'they' just bring the branding, the prize money, the hype ... obviously some no0bs on the job here.

The Sabie event is well established, there is a lot of well rehearsed local organisation, same as Barberton, that's why that event happened without a hitch.

I think the way it works there is a local organiser, 'they' just bring the branding, the prize money, the hype ... obviously some no0bs on the job here.

The Sabie event is well established, there is a lot of well rehearsed local organisation, same as Barberton, that's why that event happened without a hitch.

Sabie will probably be better.

Whether you use local organizers or not does not matter. When you put your name on an event you make sure everything works as it should. Hopefully a lesson learned.

Plenty mud. Tough course. Water was a problem. I was in C batch and water point 2 and 3 had no water. Point 2 only had coke.

As far the guy with a sick sense of humour. Park cars miles away at the top of a steep hill !!! Ride up that after a hard race :-(

......and don't forget that white woodwork over whatever to enter......really slippery early in the morning.

There was enough water at WP3 on marathon.....a whole hosepipe full of water......even had time to rinse my bike a from all the mud.......now just hoping that I don't develop a severe case of gietergat.

......and o ja, busy with my recovery strategy's nutriton intervention.........

Now that's how a MTBiker rolls :clap:

Unfortunately or Fortunately i didnt do the Dullstrrom, But my Friend said it was a Big Mess. No goody-bags at registration, bad organisation, no water. His seconds had to give some of the riders clean water from his Bakkie, as there were nothing left for the riders.

Thats really Pathetic. After all the Hype about Dullstroom from December!!

Oh and Who else had problems with Powasol?

I heard it was also a big mess?

Time keeping was a mess. Out of our group of 4 riders, 3 did not record finishing times. Organisers had to write down details on a piece of paper!... As for prize giving, what happened to Grand Master women (45km)?....

Venue was great but I came to realisation that altitude and mud do not make great bed fellows!!!

Results are a mess. Pisses me off when people that took shortcuts or didn't complete the race still ride accross the finish line! I counted 4-5 riders inside the top 30 of the marathon that shouldn't be there.

Also, riders doing the ultra that bailed at 75 and still ride through finish line instead of pulling to the side..... Screwed up ultra results. Idiots.

Anyways life goes on.

Edited by rattlesnake

Results are a mess. Pisses me off when people that took shortcuts or didn't complete the race still ride accross the finish line! I counted 4-5 riders inside the top 30 of the marathon that shouldn't be there.

Anyways life goes on.

True life goes on....still how hard can it be to just tjoon the scanner okie to not scan your board. Don't get that mentality

Thay should just Go back to Baberton and make that the First MTN Race of the year, like its suppose to be!!

From all the complaints i've heard, i am glad i didnt eneter the event....

I hope Advendurance has learnt their lesson.

was my first half marathon, was fun but didn't expect so many people!. Powasol was my biggest complaint. Booked online, waited 3 hours for my bike only to get it back still full of mud. Had to put it in the car like that and wash it properly when I got home...Wont be doing that again