Modderfontein reserve trails

I'm with you on that one!!!

A bit of work grading the surface and that drop would be a lot of fun to start the course!

Come now people, that's a proper drop off. learn to ride it and you'll ride any drop off.

Ass back over the seat.

Lean forward

Loose grip on the bars

Bent knees

Don't touch the brakes (speed is your friend)

Float down like a buttefly while Sh@#$%^ng in your pants.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the chance of someone smoothing the first drop-off at the start to the course (just before the climb on tar)?

For the inexperienced like me, it's a bit nervous navigating those rutts...

you must be joking. :)

you can always foot it down...

Come now people, that's a proper drop off. learn to ride it and you'll ride any drop off.

Ass back over the seat.

Lean forward

Loose grip on the bars

Bent knees

Don't touch the brakes (speed is your friend)

Float down like a buttefly while Sh@#$%^ng in your pants.

Slope is not the problem...the rutts grabbing my front wheel on the way down blows my mind every time!

Yip you right. We need the HTFU...just ride!

As I get older its a case of risks and rewards and this one doesnt qualify as worth it.

As an aside - isnt there a debate that for something to be a drop-off, you've got to get air; ie not just a steep slope?

As I get older its a case of risks and rewards and this one doesnt qualify as worth it.

As an aside - isnt there a debate that for something to be a drop-off, you've got to get air; ie not just a steep slope?

yeah i wouldn't have thought that was a drop off - but agree with you - I tend to freak out and brake - and i really don't want to damage myself or my bike - but one day I shall be brave - and i'll make sure its when i'm with ppl that will call EMS then laugh - not the other way round.

Any updates on the restaurant?

Thumbs up for the signage, glad to hear it is in now.

Restaurant is going, looks good and the coffee is great - They offer breakfast but I have not tried it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at 33 High street on Sunday. Sadly, no longer my favorite place for lunch... Service was shocking to say the least. I really felt sorry for the table of 6 behind us. I think their meals arrived about 20 minutes apart. Such a pity! A really great spot to relax and enjoy a meal.

Will be trying elsewhere in future.

How's the mud at Modders anyone?

If you really don't want to ride the drop off, turn right across the foot bridge and ride the route you would do on the return. Seen a few ladies doing that.

If you really don't want to ride the drop off, turn right across the foot bridge and ride the route you would do on the return. Seen a few ladies doing that.

Point made very diplomatically :rolleyes:

Had breakfast at Modders on Saturday, our waitress was a bit overwhelmed but the breakfast was served quickly and was excellent.

also try Dynamite Café, the little house next to the dam by the shopping center. they serve a good breakfast at reasonable prices

Anyone know what the current conditions of the trails are? Still a mudfest?

as of wednesday last week - yes. And the stagnant pools of water / mud are starting to smell rather dodge.

Archived