Transbaviaans 2014

Garfield2010

still struggling with the 100k rides, did 3 last week, the ave's are bad, struggling with the climbs, bitching about the cold :) its going to be a long day in the saddle for me

You did 3 100k mtb rides in one week? You will be fine :thumbup:

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did one 60 km on sat and nearly died. Ok it was The Hakahana race, but still. Not enough weeks left to be legend for TB

Starting to get a bit nervous now! Six weeks to go.

Nothing to be nervous about, I can't wait to do my 4th Baviaans. This race remains one of my favorites each year

Ja nee kyk, last year I only rode two 100km training rides and just a couple of short ones for preparation and still finished comfortably.

Ja nee kyk, last year I only rode two 100km training rides and just a couple of short ones for preparation and still finished comfortably.

nee *** dan is jy legend

nee *** dan is jy legend

Nee glad nie, kan vir jou my Polar data files vir die drie maande voor die baviaans stuur. Die Baviaans is alles in die kop en as jy rustig ry, kan jou liggaam ver ry.

Nee glad nie, kan vir jou my Polar data files vir die drie maande voor die baviaans stuur. Die Baviaans is alles in die kop en as jy rustig ry, kan jou liggaam ver ry.

Absolutely true that. I wasn't very fit last year with a 80km max ride, and my partner tore his calf muscle 2 wks before so we took it rustig and started slow. We passed so many of the people that came rushing past us at the start at the Bergplaas climb.

Who are you really.... Lance.... ??

:devil:

Probably too late to book now, but does anyone know of a bike transport company getting bikes to and from the start from the Joburg area. The usual guys i know of do not seem to be doing bike transport for this.

Not sent a mail and asked though either .... :whistling:

My first time but our official target is 15hours. I'm hoping we finish before midnight though :)

Damn I have an average of 82km per week for the past 10 Weeks. I am in serious trouble here. Better start training now.

i did the Knysna 80km mtb and the 100km road race over the weekend and it was a rude wake up call for me............... :eek:

Same here, Training needs to kick into gear asap!!!

i did the Knysna 80km mtb and the 100km road race over the weekend and it was a rude wake up call for me............... :eek:

btw how did it go? :ph34r:

Same here, Training needs to kick into gear asap!!!

my body is still in SHOCK(read in PAIN) haven't being on the bike/spinner since the race..........any suggestions for the last 4/5 weeks ??