[Event] 99er Cycle Tour

Ninetyniner Durbanville

Agree on the MTB distance - rather doing the 53km Porcupine Ridge race in Franschhoek on Sunday, which also has some mean climbs (and cant actually get the gradient/ascent from organisers either).

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree on the MTB distance - rather doing the 53km Porcupine Ridge race in Franschhoek on Sunday, which also has some mean climbs (and cant actually get the gradient/ascent from organisers either).

Porcupine would be mostly district roads & jeep tracks vs the dedicated TMBC mtb trails of the 99er. If you want distance I suggest do the 99er road race :ph34r:

Cool!! Will be my first 99er, other than Vissershok, what can I expect? :eek:

It really depends on what group you start in and what the group menatality is like on the day. The higher the seeding group, the faster pace they will go off at. So even though its "Flat" one can find oneself working really hard to keep with the group.

The wind compounds this issue further making it harder.

The climbs at the end are not the end of the world if you have managed to save yourself and keep in a group all the way round.

Cool!! Will be my first 99er, other than Vissershok, what can I expect? :eek:

literally before vissershok you'll have malanshoogte, after vissershok you'll have oodendal climb to the finish (i think thats what its called)

literally before vissershok you'll have malanshoogte, after vissershok you'll have oodendal climb to the finish (i think thats what its called)

Thanks Milky - a bit nervous though. Have done the Hok two weeks ago.

% for me too - hope to stick till Malans

I'm in % too. Don't how that happened because I don't belong there. Thinking of rather starting with the A or B group

I'm in % too. Don't how that happened because I don't belong there...

Must be the Foo-Jee...

Have a good one, Jaco'!

Last year was also a mess with putting to many people in $ who didn't belong there....

Seems this year they have made the % the big one?

Edited by Sidekick Racer