Tacx trainers.

Dgas

Ok boys, I NEED Help now

Set up my bashido finally, as I said before I got the old fortius worked like a charm smooth easy to operate, happy

Now I got the "NEW AND IMPROVED" TACX and it feels jerky, not smooth I was told the bashido is so realistic FEEL/RIDE/BRAKE that I will think I'm on the road

This thing feels like those old spinning bikes with a belt??????

Seriously WTF

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok boys, I NEED Help now

Set up my bashido finally, as I said before I got the old fortius worked like a charm smooth easy to operate, happy

Now I got the "NEW AND IMPROVED" TACX and it feels jerky, not smooth I was told the bashido is so realistic FEEL/RIDE/BRAKE that I will think I'm on the road

Seriously WTF

Joberg roads bud.... get over it.... :)

Joberg roads bud.... get over it.... :)

lol no man

its like going back ten years in technology, i cant believe it is so maybe there is some or other bug that needs to be sorted out,notice the I NEED HELP PART

lol no man

its like going back ten years in technology, i cant believe it is so maybe there is some or other bug that needs to be sorted out,notice the I NEED HELP PART

I got some blue pill for you.... should help for something... :)

I got some blue pill for you.... should help for something... :)

the wealth of knowledge and HELP is overwhelming

the wealth of knowledge and HELP is overwhelming

:) - but can I suggest trying to find someone else with the same device and trying theirs to see if it is the same - if it is, send it back.

If it works better than yours, then send your back to be swapped out/replaced.

Ok boys, I NEED Help now

Seriously WTF

Ok Dips I know exactly what you are talking about. It felt the same for me when I got mine. I overestimated my power and started of with to high power or slope settings. Drop the power at least initially and maintain a smooth cadence. Also make sure that your tyre is not slipping on the axle of the bushido. When this happens the bushido just ups the watts and it becomes impossible to pedal. Make sure the tyre is not greasy and that the pressure between tyre and axle is adequate to prevent slipping. Hope this helps.

BTW how is the knee?

There is a very nice free app for the ipad out that controls the bushido. It then replaces the head unit. With the app it is an absolute breeze to create a new training session. With the head unit of the bushido it was a nightmare if you were trying to write a program with a lot of intervals. The app also has virtual reality and comes loaded with one VR route. Others are available as downloads.

Ok Dips I know exactly what you are talking about. It felt the same for me when I got mine. I overestimated my power and started of with to high power or slope settings. Drop the power at least initially and maintain a smooth cadence. Also make sure that your tyre is not slipping on the axle of the bushido. When this happens the bushido just ups the watts and it becomes impossible to pedal. Make sure the tyre is not greasy and that the pressure between tyre and axle is adequate to prevent slipping. Hope this helps.

BTW how is the knee?

thanks i will look into that, makes sense,,,,the knee is a looong story went yesterday to another surgeon who is suggesting a scary option of using my tendon to graft to my knee to "build" a new PCL loooong recovery and doesnt sound like fun, so for now i am sticking to BIO/PHYSIO , i am a girl about things like that

Ok Dips I know exactly what you are talking about. It felt the same for me when I got mine. I overestimated my power and started of with to high power or slope settingGEDSO DID I CHANGED IT TO 100. Drop the power at least initially and maintain a smooth cadence. Also make sure that your tyre is not slipping on the axle of the bushido.CHECKED NO SLIPPING When this happens the bushido just ups the watts and it becomes impossible to pedal. Make sure the tyre is not greasy and that the pressure between tyre and axle is adequate to prevent slippingGOT A INDOOR SPECIFIC TYRE NEW Hope this helps.

BTW how is the knee?

[/quoteSOOOOOOO PLAYED AROUNd YESTERDAY SILL ITS NOT NEARLY AS SMOOTH AS OLD FAITHFULL i cant believe that tacx after 10 years has gone backwards clearly i am doing something wrong i looked for calibration setting but i cant find one anywhere

Not to hijack this thread, but how good (or bad) are the cheaper TacX trainers such as the Blue Matic?

http://www.cwcycles....e-matic-trainer

As long as you are ok with a max of 750 watt you should be very happy - my Tacx is still running as well as ever, and it must be more than 10 years old - although I am not the heaviest user of it, it does get used regularly.

Go to settings, then brake, then calibrate and follow the instructions. Not sure if this will have anything to do with your problem though. Any one close to you that has a bushido to help you out? LBS perhaps?

Go to settings, then brake, then calibrate and follow the instructions. Not sure if this will have anything to do with your problem though. Any one close to you that has a bushido to help you out? LBS perhaps?

ILL CHECK AGAIN LAST NIGHT I COULD NOT FIND THE WORD CALIBRATE ANYWHERE

LBS SEEM TO KNOW LESS ABOUT TACX THAN I DO AND THATS SCARY

ILL CHECK AGAIN LAST NIGHT I COULD NOT FIND THE WORD CALIBRATE ANYWHERE

LBS SEEM TO KNOW LESS ABOUT TACX THAN I DO AND THATS SCARY

Hope you get it right because the Tacx Bushido is a great trainer and a wonderful machine.