Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't see rabubi lasting too long

Don't write him off so fast. He might not have the speed of the others on a short XCO type course, but he has lots of experience in racing all out over long distances, day after day. I reckon they will claw back at least 30 secs tomorrow.

That was Annika Langvad. Would be interesting to see the Gopro footage from Arianes bike.

Thousands of the pinotage grapes were packed into large reinforced plastic bags and laid across a 10 metre section of the course - as the riders emerged from the part of the ride that took them through the Meerendal Manor House they rode across them.

“We picked them late last night so that they were nice and cold,” explained Meerendal cellar master Liza Goodwin. “Afterwards we’ll let them ferment for two days and we’ll bottle the wine on Wednesday.”

Next Sunday those of the 1200 starters who make it to the finish will be presented with a bottle of wine made from those same grapes.

post-12015-0-84017800-1395598351_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow is probably gonna be wet so good luck to all the riders.

it was great to be at the start today and to watch my wife after she got a entry on Friday morning at 8

Be safe guys and enjoy it

Thanks for all the cool pics keep on posting it through the week, specially if you are riding or if you have family there

Thousands of the pinotage grapes were packed into large reinforced plastic bags and laid across a 10 metre section of the course - as the riders emerged from the part of the ride that took them through the Meerendal Manor House they rode across them.

“We picked them late last night so that they were nice and cold,” explained Meerendal cellar master Liza Goodwin. “Afterwards we’ll let them ferment for two days and we’ll bottle the wine on Wednesday.”

Next Sunday those of the 1200 starters who make it to the finish will be presented with a bottle of wine made from those same grapes.

post-12015-0-84017800-1395598351_thumb.jpg

Ferment it for 2 days and bottle on Wednesday to serve next Sunday? Bloody hell, she's a fast girl winemaker! They should put her on a bike, she'll give the front runners a go. :D

Ferment it for 2 days and bottle on Wednesday to serve next Sunday? Bloody hell, she's a fast girl winemaker! They should put her on a bike, she'll give the front runners a go. :D

ya personally if you gave me red wine that has not been oaked after i had finished the Epic, I'd call you a bad friend. Unless they are blending it with something else

Langvad fell there, didnt seem to bug her too much

Would love to see her go pro footage! - seen it has been uploaded, would like to see her one though. Maybe it was a good rev at the start!

Is her partner chuckling?

Edited by skistar15