Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erik kleinhans has one distinctive ride style...

DONT KNOW SO USED TO WATCHING HIM PUSH :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

yes i know she will kick my ass

Edited by DIPSLICK

Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the Specialized "teams" are some of the in house mechanics. From what I understand they rode with Sauser and Rabon, and even with them there they could not fix it. Crap way to have to try and fight back from 10mins down.

Sorry, just checked and they in fact did not finish with them.

Hopefully they can lend a helping hand tonight.

Edited by scuzzy

I must admit, Specialized does not sound like the most reliable bikes, I mean, they had tyre issues yesterday and brakes today, not good.

No wonder Bulls win on consistency.

Apparently the major tyre issue yesterday was a rock got kicked up and jammed between the frame and wheel thus cracking the carbon rim. Then they have to put a tube in but first have to pick out the 20 thorns.

It seems like most teams are on XTR brakes. Saucer is on XX. Believe Philip too.

So how come Phil replaced pads early in the stage and Sauser had some trouble too.

Se Cherise, Erik and a few others are on MT8's.

Are there any teams using the ever popular Formula R1's

Gotta wonder why Nino has not been able to pick a similar strength partner to have a real go at the GC in the many times he has done this now.

perhaps he see's the Epic as training and isn't lloking for the win?

Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the Specialized "teams" are some of the in house mechanics. From what I understand they rode with Sauser and Rabon, and even with them there they could not fix it. Crap way to have to try and fight back from 10mins down.

Sorry, just checked and they in fact did not finish with them.

Hopefully they can lend a helping hand tonight.

The mechanics team may have given parts to Sauser to help out and would explain their not finishing, yet.

when/if max knox comes back to the hub we need to tune about this picture.

ps. where is philip buys?!

Here he is!!! :clap:

post-40232-0-66418300-1395749071_thumb.png

Christoph Sauser@sauserwind 21m

we had major brake issues. if we would not have our team mates helping us the overall would been gone. tx so much boys!!!

On another note - Shurter is not riding the Epic to win it

BIG UP to maxman. Awesome pics. Keep them coming.

Maybe consider putting a signature on them. Might just see them being used by others

perhaps he see's the Epic as training and isn't lloking for the win?

Have guessed the same, but it seems crazy to come all this way and do that with all the resources Scott make available, just for training....

we had major brake issues. if we would not have our team mates helping us the overall would been gone. tx so much boys!!!

I really wish he would ride it to win it. Without the weather leveling things the racing would far less exciting

Guess it's still cheaper for Scott Factory Racing than hosting a training camp exclusively on their own dime...

Edited by Tubehunter