Best tubeless method i have ever seen

Cruz Addict

hey guys was browsing pinkbike and came across this vid. have done many tubeless fittings both ghetto and actual tubeless rim and tire set-ups and always seem to mess some sealant. this vid makes a hell of a lot of sense and will definitely try on my next set.

a lot of the stuff i already do but its the added small things that make sense to me.

i know before anyone starts throwing thier toys that it wont necessarily work on every setup or set of circumstances but i think it is awesome information to have.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/331401/

Edited by DaddyG

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if i recall correctly stans also recommends this method

Stan's recommends soaping the bead...for two reasons

1.It helps seat the bead into the rim profile nice and tight...Don't do this and burping the tyre on the trail has a better chance of happening

2.It helps with the seating process where air will be less likely to escape

So no, the above method I wouldn't suggest or do

Edited by rouxtjie

Another trick that has worked occasionally for me is to wipe the entire tyre and rim with soapy water to help seat the tyre

Its a must....not neg

Funny that he pumps the tyre up with the valve at the bottom - thus where all the sealant is lying..

I think that's more a function of where the wheel is in relation to the pump, and the length of the hose itself... Don't think the Lezyne hose would extend to the valve if it was at TDC...

Handy hint boys and girls....use a paint brush with the soapy solution on it to apply it in turn to the tyre and rim.....remember you want moisture but fair amount of foam and not a river running down your wheel when using this method.

Think...http://holayessica.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/p1050078-copy1.jpg

Handy hint boys and girls....use a paint brush with the soapy solution on it to apply it in turn to the tyre and rim.....remember you want moisture but fair amount of foam and not a river running down your wheel when using this method.

I have always wondered if you use 'excessive soapy water' that it might get into the tyre and reduce the efficiency of the sealant?

I think that it must be noted that we're looking at tubeless ready rims and tyres here...always easier.

I take the valve core out always, and also much prefer using the compressor at the garage down the road.

a)it's quicker in the long run

b)it's much more fun when the tyres POP and the joggies think the gangstas are in town.