E-toll and your bike rack

RallyRob

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#fail

You are aware that the gantry takes a pic of the front and back of your car?

no :wacko: i wasn't. Haven't ridden under them since they started billing.

#justsaying

post-16445-0-68739800-1389693356_thumb.jpg

*edit - and make sure you don't have an etag.

....and another small matter - exhaust, tire and rim all together might cost you more in the future.

Edited by BarHugger

My mother in law has received a bill via sms for R51-00 and she has not even registered!

Not sure if its legit?

Also - she has not driven under any gantries since they were activated!!!

System collapsing already!

I have no doubt that a few Nigerians (oops, did I say Nigerians?) like Alfred Samuels aka Samuel Brenden are already scamming people using the whole etoll thing.

How’s this for scary..........................

“Vehicles making use of the Gauteng e-road are classified in accordance with a combination of the length and / or height of the vehicle, while vehicles making use of other toll roads are classified in terms of the vehicle axles and / or number of wheels”

Based on this statement one must wonder about the implications for cyclists in general as not only could a towbar mounted bike rack have an impact on your e-toll account, but even a roof mounted carrier as this will greatly increase the calculated height of your vehicle (especially if there is an actual bike mounted thereon) and in so doing affect the overall size.

I know you're concerned about getting billed according to size, but the Hub wont charge you more for posting in a bigger font.

:ph34r:

SURELY BY NOW YOU HAVE MORE TO SAY FFS

Saying more is a waste of time, I speak quality... not quantity

....and another small matter - exhaust, tire and rim all together might cost you more in the future.

as will a 29er on the rack.

I have no doubt that a few Nigerians (oops, did I say Nigerians?) like Alfred Samuels aka Samuel Brenden are already scamming people using the whole etoll thing.

Refer them to Joe.........

or tailgate a Putco bus

Genius!

Except the cops will be heavy-handed with anyone who has an obscured number plate :(

#fail

You are aware that the gantry takes a pic of the front and back of your car?

correction they take 3 pics, front, back and top, the cameras are powerful enough to read the details from your licence disc as well so even covered plates are useless with the licence disc in the window. have a mate who setup the storage for the camers, each pic is roughly 70 odd Mb, super fine quality and worth a hell of a lot of money.

someone should let the cANCer members and Nigerians know that, they will steal all the cameras and the problem will go away :whistling: