Madone69

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I am the cyclist in this thread.

Sorry for only responding now, been out of action for a while.

Bike was totalled, headset completely broken and the steerer shreaded.

Cops, when you can speak to them, wont give me any details of the driver or what, if anything, has been done.

Still havent been able to get on a bike as lots of deep soft tissue damage.

Thank you to everyone who supported me, really appreciate it. Especially the cyclist who called the cops and ambulance I never got your details I am ashamed to admit.

Also thank you to Dr. Mc Collough who stopped and assisted me.

Hope to be back on a bike sometime next week.

Heal up soon bru!

Those police better f0kking lock that driver up, you could fairly say that you are lucky to be alive, guarantee that you will have some aches and pains as a result of your injuries later life. The guy ran from the scene, hasn't bother to apologise, suck him dry!

I don't mean vindictively but he has no respect for life and the guy can't bother being decent. He must pay the price for his actions, that's the law.

Get some advice from someone, pretty sure you are entitled to know the drivers name, if you were going to sue the guy to recoup your damages etc then you would need his name?

Ask around or search on Google for a lawyer who will fight your case for a split of the damages won, ie no money upfront from you nor if you lose, they get a percentage if you win, there are a fair amount who will do it in cases like yours.

Heal up soon bru!

Those police better f0kking lock that driver up, you could fairly say that you are lucky to be alive, guarantee that you will have some aches and pains as a result of your injuries later life. The guy ran from the scene, hasn't bother to apologise, suck him dry!

I don't mean vindictively but he has no respect for life and the guy can't bother being decent. He must pay the price for his actions, that's the law.

Get some advice from someone, pretty sure you are entitled to know the drivers name, if you were going to sue the guy to recoup your damages etc then you would need his name?

Ask around or search on Google for a lawyer who will fight your case for a split of the damages won, ie no money upfront from you nor if you lose, they get a percentage if you win, there are a fair amount who will do it in cases like yours.

Yeah, De Broglio advertises quite a lot. Think he works like that. Surely if you want to open a civil case for damages they have to provide the info!!?? Friggin ZoomersArmy (saps).

• 2 weeks later...

For sure, but if you can't prove all the details of the incident as posted here, you could be open to a defamation case.

...and in this liberal age where the sactity of thugs reigns supreme I guarantee you the defamation aspect would happen a lot quicker than the actions of the bloke who did the runner.

Would it be illegal to post an ad in the Argus simply saying , "I was knocked down by this car ....... If someone has the persons name, please...... "

I can't see why not - it's a fact - the driver of said vehicle did knock you down - you are not blaming the owner

It's up to the owner then to prove he wasn't behind the wheel of the vehicle at the time of the offence

You can definately do that. I remember an add taken out by a land rover or bmw (not entirely sure now) client some years ago. He highlighted all his issues with the car. I cant remember the outcome but I do know that it was very positive for the vehicle owner