Real names for profiles?

Andrew Steer

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is my real name. My surname does start with a B. My middle name aswell. So what is it. Naah it doesn't matter.

Just call me Jeff

Some Names can be very funny, I know of guy who did the european contiki tour great fun for him because his name was FAGMIE and even after introducing himself woman found it strange to call him because often it came out sounding like '**** Me' and it get funnier because his surname is Du TOIT Eventually called him Vibrator, would 'vibrator' be an inappropriate hubname?

Some Names can be very funny, I know of guy who did the european contiki tour great fun for him because his name was FAGMIE and even after introducing himself woman found it strange to call him because often it came out sounding like '**** Me' and it get funnier because his surname is Du TOIT Eventually called him Vibrator, would 'vibrator' be an inappropriate hubname?

No, entirely appropriate for a ride past Misty Cliffs and Scarborough with your skinny road bike tyres pumped to 120 PSI

I'm from the deep south. If I use my own name on my profile then I can't choon ouens "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM...!?"

Why do okes from the Souf always forget who they are and have to ask all the time?

My Hub name is basically my real name and first letter of surname

Been called Rudo(lph) by varsity mates. Its also a shortened version of my username for work emails and stuff.

So howzit (once again) folks

Its also a shortened version of my username for work emails and stuff.

It is so easy to guess user names and passwords if you give people half the puzzle already. And most people use the same/similar username/password combinations across multiple accounts.

I support this 'real name as hub name' initiative (count me out though, this isn't my first day on the internet...). Pastebin, get ready for a data dump.

As far as the "real name would prevent internet hissy-fits" argument, if A guy is going to be a king sized douchebag, he's going to be one if he uses his own name or a fake one. I mean look at BigH? Seems like most everyone here knows his real name, seems like he had a number of usernames here too, and he was still the king of the trolls.

I don't believe its safe putting your real name out there.

We all remember the Take My Lollipop thread.

By the way, for interest sake, it took me all of 1 minute to find a member whose name was made known here, on Facebook. One can find so much info about a person online. Rather play safe

It is so easy to guess user names and passwords if you give people half the puzzle already. And most people use the same/similar username/password combinations across multiple accounts.

Good points made....

I do however keep my passwords closely guarded