Real names for profiles?

Andrew Steer

My wife always cracks herself if people phone and ask for Pappa Bear................

Hahaha, that's funny......Papa Bear.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no real way of policing it though.

Yup, very easy to set up a Koos Koekemoer, etc profile on google+ / outlook.com / facebook / twitter etc, and then to use that "real" name to trickle down to a forum

Problem is if everyone suddenly changed their profile names to their real names we wouldn't know who is who.

You also learn Avatars, like Dale is that creepy canondale rider, Wayne is a rising moon, Vetseun is that 00:01 thingy. Tumbleweed is that naked guy, flat is a beer, Dips is that Spartan dude, Slowbee is a smurf etc...

Mine is easy. had 10 punctures on one 30 km ride ride. so I am flat 29

yoh. I though my 4 on a 20km was bad. Mine is MTB + initials "bc". MTBbc sounds like a really old bike or a stutter, so i dropped a b

mine also been a life long nick my mom,dad all my brothers sisters cousins aunts uncles you name it.....

the problem i have is , how short are you people to be hiding behind your keyboards :huh:

I know you work across the road from me ..... :ph34r:

After decades and countless denials I will admit it - I am Lance Armstrong

This is thehub. Not Oprah.

Problem is if everyone suddenly changed their profile names to their real names we wouldn't know who is who.

Leave the profile pics as they are for a week or two... Or change the title above the avatar to the old hub name.

Leave the profile pics as they are for a week or two... Or change the title above the avatar to the old hub name.

That would work - changing the title, as quite a few people have the 00:01 avatar at the moment.

Dunno...I have this irrational fear that some WebCrawler or Bot will take my name and surname, attach it in different combinations to gmail/yahoo/homail-addresses and then spam the hell out of me...And then build pyramids with it...

Edit: Spamming...I mean spelling...

Edited by Karooryder

PERSONALLY there are so many HIGHLY STRUNG PSYCHOPATHS HERE I REMOVED MY NAME off my profile

I've been the subject of such a rant, thanks to a radically misconstrued post that was purposefully taken out of context. Some of you may remember.

Well I am me. GEN is short for Genevieve. Can't think of anyone who actually calls me by my full name cause it takes too long.

Nice name, same as my daughters, I just call her Vievie.

You also learn Avatars, like Dale is that creepy canondale rider, Wayne is a rising moon, Vetseun is that 00:01 thingy. Tumbleweed is that naked guy, flat is a beer, Dips is that Spartan dude, Slowbee is a smurf etc...

haha. that is a medal. think tour of legents

that is why I have my name on my profile page. not hiding at all

No you don't. It's under the "Private settings" heading - i.e. only you see it on your own profile, no-one else.

If you use a name eventually you will become the name.

I SHALL BE GANDALF THE GREY!!!

apparantly i have a grey hair, so i'm well on my way

Edited by Gandalf