Serengeti Classic Road Race 2014

EggsBox

Good Morning Hubbers,

The CMA Bike Marshals has requested the assistance from Road Rangers for this race, we will be assisting with 8 Rangers to lead out the groups, our mates at the EMPD Bike Squad will be with us at the front to ensure you guys can do some hard racing...

See you there...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw this. I have paid. I have a chip. Their site said pick-up on the morning. I am riding without a number.

Maybe print out your receipt and the website where it said there number pickup on the day. Have that and your cell phone with the number sms with you, so that if a start marshal gets stroppy with you, you have the evidence to back you up with you.

This is the confirmation I got when I entered the race:

Entry Basket Reference Number:

WEB-1926-267990

Payment Reference Number:

WEB_841633

Event Name:

Event Date:

Saturday, 01 February 2014

Note date.

So this morning I got up at 5am drove 60km to the venue, super excited/nervous for my first AL start, I arrived at Serengeti and proceeded unpack my bike with its deep sections looking very focused wondering why I am not seeing other other "fast looking" bikes, I put it down to the fact that it was very early and I was wondering why I was getting all these "looks". Turns out today was the MTB race!! I quietly and sheepishly packed the bike back in the car and drove off to many many point and laughers, it was very funny. The missus was with and was the biggest laugher :)

Having said that, I saw a few other guys also leaving for the same reason. The organiser must get their act together.

I am all for the good laugh of this morning, but I have planned my life in around this date, and now I cannot ride tomorrow.

Who are the organisers of this event, as they will be getting an invoice for the 120km I drove at AA rates, and I want a full refund of the entry. I support your events every weekend, never moan about entry costs etc. The least you owe me is an accurate email.

Edited by ArchedBackChinOut

WEB-1926-267990

WEB_841633

Event Name:

Event Date:

Note date.

So this morning I got up at 5am drove 60km to the venue, super excited/nervous for my first AL start, I arrived at Serengeti and proceeded unpack my bike with its deep sections looking very focused wondering why I am not seeing other other "fast looking" bikes, I put it down to the fact that it was very early and I was wondering why I was getting all these "looks". Turns out today was the MTB race!! I quietly packed the bike back in the car and drove off to many many point and laughers, it was very funny.

Having said that, I saw a few other guys also leaving for the same reason. The organiser but get their act together.

I am all for the good laugh of this morning, but I have planned my life in around this date, and now I cannot ride tomorrow.

Who are the organisers of this event, as they will be getting an invoice for the 120km I drove at AA rates, and I want a full refund of the entry. I support your events every weekend, never moan about entry costs etc. The least you owe me is an accurate email.

Mate, that is so crap!!! I would really be pissed. My suggestion - have beer, calm down, check all your facts - THEN GO APE S*** Monday (make sure it is the right person). Sorry about Tmrw though... Edited by TALUS

WEB-1926-267990

WEB_841633

Event Name:

Event Date:

Note date.

So this morning I got up at 5am drove 60km to the venue, super excited/nervous for my first AL start, I arrived at Serengeti and proceeded unpack my bike with its deep sections looking very focused wondering why I am not seeing other other "fast looking" bikes, I put it down to the fact that it was very early and I was wondering why I was getting all these "looks". Turns out today was the MTB race!! I quietly and sheepishly packed the bike back in the car and drove off to many many point and laughers, it was very funny. The missus was with and was the biggest laugher :)

Having said that, I saw a few other guys also leaving for the same reason. The organiser must get their act together.

OUCH.... And thanks for sharing, I needed a smile :clap:

Was a very edgy AL bunch. These flat and fast races must have smaller groups! a BIG thanks to the Bike Marshalls. We had several close shaves with motorists - if they weren't there we would have been in big trouble! Big crash early on. I saw it happen - sadly it was clearly a pilot error. Hope they are OK though - was a big pile-up. Miracle will have to happen before Berge en Dale. Good training run at 2:42.

Was a very edgy AL bunch. These flat and fast races must have smaller groups! a BIG thanks to the Bike Marshalls. We had several close shaves with motorists - if they weren't there we would have been in big trouble! Big crash early on. I saw it happen - sadly it was clearly a pilot error. Hope they are OK though - was a big pile-up. Miracle will have to happen before Berge en Dale. Good training run at 2:42.

Agreed, well done to the marshals, we had a marshal leading the AL bunch the whole way.

I saw the guy come down out the corner of my eye, it looked and sounded nasty. I think it was a touch of wheels that caused it. I hope nobody was too badly hurt.

Also finished in 2:42, good day on the bike and luckily the weather was kind to us.

Lekker ride in AL on my heavier training bike. Pace was relative slow, so I could finish with the front okes. Nice route, great marshalling, great weather!

Eish. Luckily I rode near the front of the bunch, so wasn't even aware of the crash.

Edited by Underachiever

That crash happened a few bikes behind me. Heard the wheels, the the sound if thr bikes crashing. Did a quick rubber neck and saw some stopping and others piling down. Fast, flat and some token wind.

That Merc racing past the bunch only to have a near collision with thw Anglia(?) was a bit hectic.

Was a good day out on the bike even though my legs gave up within the last km. Finished a few seconds behind the bunch.

Until B&D then next SATURRDAY ;)

Suffered like a dog out there after 140km MTB ride yesterday (Gran Fondo 2, yes I know strava rules my life). Got dropped and then rode last 15km with slow puncture, didn't have energy to change it. Some prize knobheads on the roads Pta side on a Sunday morning. Smile & wave.

That crash happened a few bikes behind me. Heard the wheels, the the sound if thr bikes crashing. Did a quick rubber neck and saw some stopping and others piling down. Fast, flat and some token wind.

That Merc racing past the bunch only to have a near collision with thw Anglia(?) was a bit hectic.

Was a good day out on the bike even though my legs gave up within the last km. Finished a few seconds behind the bunch.

Until B&D then next SATURRDAY ;)

That near car crash with the merc was a bit hair raising.

I almost got taken out by one of the flying bikes in AL, had to do some off roading and managed to avoid the crash. still had to stop. Guy on the ground was clutching his shoulder.

Long chase back with a few guys and one very strong girl riding a Bianchi, If you're a hubber, well done!

We also had a wring turn thanks to some dodgy marshalling at a crossing. Route went straight, he had his flag out as if we were to turn left. Half the group turned before he shouted to turn back.

Caught up in the crash

Tried to chase but couldn't find a chap who could help. 50km ITT until I got caught by some of BL

Ended 2:56.

We fight again next week

Edited by bradwentzel