Non greeters club

Madlight

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the negative feedback is from the JHB crowd on this thread ..... is it you lot training on our roads in CT?

Now it is very apparent this time of year and annoying / funny at the same time to witness the "real pro" who come out the woodwork prior to the Argus World Funride Champs.

Anyway, when that day has come and gone the roads will have less grumpy tar suckers and the friendly cyclists, who ride for the sake of riding and not just for a certain event every year, will be able to go out and enjoy a ride with other friendly cyclists who have enough manners to great back.

I'm driving down to Cape Town after a long stay in the Karoo.

Should I be greeting every vehicle I pass? Or only those with bicycles on the back?

I'm a bit worried about getting a sore arm...and then people start saying things about me ...

when I go get a loaf of bread at the Spar tonight, I'm going to say hello to everyone else buying bread........

really, are people so insecure?

in fact, I waved at a guy yesterday when I was on my bike, thought it was a mate, turned out it wasn't him, now what do i do?

Wonder what the bloke in the OP would make of me? I'm not training for the aurgus, and I bet I wouldn't greet him either.

Just to bring the CT numbers up. Unless I know you (or think that your wife is hot) I don't greet you. If we have been on the same stretch of tarmac for some time I'll ask you to do some of the work as well. Any more conversation than that is unnecessary.

when I go get a loaf of bread at the Spar tonight, I'm going to say hello to everyone else buying bread........

...then you can complain on www.breadforlife.co.za about how only brown bread buyers said hello cause you were brown bread as well and the awkwardness of wholegrain bread buyers wanting to hug you.

in fact, I waved at a guy yesterday when I was on my bike, thought it was a mate, turned out it wasn't him, now what do i do?

Depends. Did he wave back? :ph34r:

Same debate has been raging on the adventure bike forum and on 4x4 community and all over the place.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/thumbnail_570x321/2012/04/dawson_crying.jpg

I greet. Usually a nod or a wave of the hand. Some say hello, some wave some nod, some just kap aan like there's no tomorrow and they to focus cause someone else might be stravaing their ass while all the waving was happening.

And even with all those people not waving or even grunting, I am still alive and well. If it's friend who gives you the shunt by all means sort it out (just not on The Hub!), but for everyone else...keep calm and wave on!

Edited by The Crow

I know that its difficult to be courteous at times, and its not expected to greet everyone you see, and that is OK I guess. You don't have to greet the guy in the line with you buying bread.

BUT...

When greeted when being passed by a faster rider please don't scowl. Its not the fault of person passing you that you are the slower rider. Just accept the fact that you are slower on the day and deal with it.