The Non Helpers Club.

Vetseun

This fred is in no way an effort to get the old roadie vs mtb debate going .... again.

I know many roadies that would have stopped, because they understand the sport.

There are noobs out there that seen to think that you are something special if you climb on a bike. They think that if you greet them that you are wanting to rape them or something.

Im sure that they will eventually catch on.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers okes, time to hit the (gravel) road

So, after yesterday, I cannot help wondering whether you are now also packing a spare tube?

Well if you were riding the ottosdal race yesterday and had your issues with your tire. I wouldn't been able to help you either, cause both hubby and I gave our spare tubes to people that looked very despondent the route.. shees I have never seen so many people with flats as I did yesterday.

Edited by Gen

Blooming hell. You okes stay in crappy place. Condolences.

2 weeks ago I had a flat tire. In in the process of putting in my SPARE TUBE, I broke off the tip of the fiddly presta valve. In the next 2 km's of walking, 2 cyclists stopped and asked if they could help. And 3 cars stopped and asked if they could help. 2 of them were bakkies offering to take me home. (Only one of the cyclists and one motorist knew me.) But I had already summoned the cavalry to come and pick me up (wife)

On the Barberton race this weekend I snapped my chain 2km's before the end. Too much hassle to insert a quick link. Easier to run in. Another cyclist stopped and offered to PUSH me in to the end. Now there. Thanks buddy. :clap:

SNIP..., I puncture rear wheel..

I dont have a pump with me only a bomb.

....SNIP....

I try to call the woman who calls herself my wife, she is still sleeping, her phone is off.

Vettes, I blame YOUR WIFE!!! WTF!!! keeping her phone off like that....AND WHY THE HECK DID SHE NOT PACK YOUR SPARES CORRECTLY?? Surely you would not have willingly go ride without a pump and spare tube etc.???

Fire her ass, I'd say!! She's not a good team manager...

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Vettes, I blame YOUR WIFE!!! WTF!!! keeping her phone off like that....AND WHY THE HECK DID SHE NOT PACK YOUR SPARES CORRECTLY?? Surely you would not have willingly go ride without a pump and spare tube etc.???

Fire her ass, I'd say!! She's not a good team manager...

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I'm thinking the "wife" is maybe the inflatable type :) that can't answer phones or drive:)

Been burnt too many times to help anymore....chainlinks, tubes, plugs, boots

It just simply cost to much to be the good guy....so I am in the non-helpers club

Edited by rouxtjie

If I came unstuck through my own fault and wanted help, I would have asked.

....didnt realise there was a club, I've been winging it by myself not helping up til now.

Edited by Joe Low

If I came unstuck through my own fault and wanted help, I would have asked.

....didnt realise there was a club, I've been winging it by myself not helping up til now.

Yip, but that knife cuts both ways...I don't expect or ask for help either...Kukked on chukky's head at j2c last year when I was battling with a sidewall cut on day7... told him straight up..."GOOOOO boet....don't look behind you, I will be fine...see you in the beer tent"