Legal Help for Items bought from this site Please

Wayne R

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

since admin hasn't closed this fred yet...

I've got carbon wheels fir sale, asking R5000-00.

Mom says its OK to sell.

Let your mom contact my mom.

Cheers boet

Haha, Post of the Day.... Hilarious

As usual, the lynch mob looks worse than those they are attacking.

As soon as the link to the ad was posted, I had visions of the Hub vigilantes PMing and SMSing abuse at the kid.

I sent his mom a message saying that I will arrange a collection at my cost or lay a charge against him. She kakked me out and told me not to threaten her. She said that I went into a deal knowing he was a minor. I did not know this. Nowhere on his Hub profile or on his Whatsapp does it give his age.

Feeling properly shafted here. :(

Over 18 so no-longer a minor.

The deal is void, mistakes were made - no need to continue to give these folk a hard time.

As usual, the lynch mob looks worse than those they are attacking.

Sure....deal is void, lessons learned...is what it is. Riddle me this though, would you do the same if it was your son or would you make him face the consequences?

Actually nevermind....

Assuming seller is underage as mommy alleges = voidable, but mommy clearly has indicated that she will not ratify therefore void.

Mommy is telling porkies as to seller's age the contract may be valid but there is no practical way to enforce it, particularly as the purchase price was tendered back (or repaid as it now appears).

As there was no delivery of the item, ownership did not pass.

Sure....deal is void, lessons learned...is what it is. Riddle me this though, would you do the same if it was your son or would you make him face the consequences?

Actually nevermind....

Consequences should be - 1 angry customer and a ban on him selling on the Hub; no problem.

My eldest son is 20. He does what they all do. When he was 16/17, I said "if you get arrested dont call me in the middle of the night - i'll come and get you in the morning". He's never called but he did tell me it cost him R20 to get out of the police cells once.

Actually nevermind....

My son would get a thick ear, and get told to sell the bike for the lower amount, and the shipping out of his pocket.

Damn, Sorry Wayne that you didn't get the deal of a lifetime. R 1 000.00 for that bike I would have paid just because its cheap...

My mom would have given me a klap had I sold my bike for that cheap when I was in school, but then again I would have been without a bike and R 1000.00 closer to Carbon rims :w00t:

I agree that this was a gleaming example of bad parenting and an opportunity missed to teach a kid a lesson about sticking to your guns. But what can you do?

I think that his and his mom's accounts should be blocked, and the IP address blacklisted so that this crap can end. :clap:

Fair warning, if I buy from anyone, and they go back on their deal... I will hunt you :nuke:

I am the sellers mother, he is an underaged schoolchild. I contacted the buyer to inform and he was very rude.

The money was sent even before transport, i explained that the payment will be reversed and i apologised for any inconvenience.

Shame on you for contacting him at school and threatening him. He is underage . There is NO contract. Stop threatening my child. Do you

not have children,? THEY MAY make mistakes. I contacted you to sort it out.

Then raise your "schoolchild" properly!

Guest Latent Blue

My son would get a thick ear, and get told to sell the bike for the lower amount, and the shipping out of his pocket.

Ill keep the money as well... wont let him profit from doing business like that!

Skews mom...you just missed a golden opportunity ito teaching him a life lesson...your word should be like oak. His reputation is worth 1000 rand...hope it was worth it.

Nobody will touch anything he sells again(and it seems like he does quite a bit)

I really hope admin or the mods step in wrt this dogshow

Maybe a good reason to stop the aliases on here and force people to use real names, that can can be verified via a legit Facebook page or the like?

Edited by FrancoisC

A similar thing happened to me when I was at school. I worked all holiday to buy a BMX off a friend. My brother and I made diving weights and fishing weights and sold these to sports shops. No consideration for health and safety. A few old pots, 2 gas burners, molds and scrap lead was the whole business model. After a few burns and many head aches from the fumes I had enough money to buy the bike. I paid for it in front of witnesses at school and took the bike. Man was I chuffed! The guy tried to back out of the deal a week or so later after spending the cash. He threatened to report the bike stolen, so our parents got involved.

The difference was that after hearing what happened this laaitie's dad donnered the stront out of him. Not for selling the bike, but for trying to back out of a deal and then trying to defraud me.