First Tokai MTB AGM

Vince

Looks like I'm going to have to give this one a skip guys. Just landed from Dbn, need to spend some time with the family.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The meeting was short and sweet.

Looking forward to the official report from someone official. ;)

Congrats to the new committee!

Just saw this on Twitter 'Good luck to Dan Dobinson, Deon de Villiers, Duane Bosch, Jason Lind and Vince Muir, the 2014 Tokai mtb commitee. Thanks all for attending!

Just saw this on Twitter 'Good luck to Dan Dobinson, Deon de Villiers, Duane Bosch, Jason Lind and Vince Muir, the 2014 Tokai mtb commitee. Thanks all for attending!

nice list

Yup, it was the most well behaved AGM of anything that I have ever been to! Congratulations and good luck to the new committee.

Guest Omega Man

Thanks to all who attended.

I'm looking forward to helping the cause of Mountain Biking in Tokai. I think with the 5 people selected and of course the invaluable contribution of the volunteers we can restore Tokai to her former glory.

Tokai will be restored once SANParks gets to that part of their project plan. Right now, they're not there yet.

Tokai will be restored once SANParks gets to that part of their project plan. Right now, they're not there yet.

that is the only thing that matters. a million clever or stupid ppl on some rider commitee is not going to change that fact.

that is the only thing that matters. a million clever or stupid ppl on some rider commitee is not going to change that fact.

Also - the people riding the illegal trails need to stop. Now. For this to work as advertised, it must be a complete overhaul of the approach that is happening at the moment. Can't claim representation and then shoot ourselves in the foot at the first obstacle, when parks have requested we stop riding them.

Guest Omega Man

I respectfully disagree. If you had been there last night you would have heard Meurant encouraging the committee to approach the city and local politicians to exert pressure on Sanparks to up their game in terms of opening up access. You would have also heard Meurant saying that he had told Sanparks that if they don't come to the party this year Amarider would effectively pull out of Tokai and that Tokai would descend into a free for all.

Edited by Omega Man

I respectfully disagree. If you had been there last night you would have heard Muerant encouraging the committee to approach the city and local politicians to exert pressure on Sanparks to up their game in terms of opening up access. You would have also heard Muerant saying that he had told Sanparks that if they don't come to the party this year Amarider would effectively pull out of Tokai and that Tokai would descend into a free for all.

You also would have hear him say that we got somewhere with that, and we have to appreciate that Parks have their own requirements that we, as riders, need to respect. They know they are under pressure to continue with the EMP process, and our job is to ensure that we have all our ducks in a row from a trail rationalisation and planning perspective.

There are still processes that need to be followed. Regardless of who is on the committee, that will remain. It's our job (well, Tokai MTB's, actually) to ensure that the relationship with Tokai section remains in place, and we do not push too much. We need to respect their requirements, and work within them.

Guest Omega Man

You also would have hear him say that we got somewhere with that, and we have to appreciate that Parks have their own requirements that we, as riders, need to respect. They know they are under pressure to continue with the EMP process, and our job is to ensure that we have all our ducks in a row from a trail rationalisation and planning perspective.

There are still processes that need to be followed. Regardless of who is on the committee, that will remain. It's our job (well, Tokai MTB's, actually) to ensure that the relationship with Tokai section remains in place, and we do not push too much. We need to respect their requirements, and work within them.

100% There are gaps to be had tho. I'm super excited about this year and the future of Tokai.

It's a matter of pushing in the right places.

Yes, we need to respect their requirements but be armed with the RIGHT information in order to debate/negotiate as part of the rationalization and allowance.

Come with the right argument/motivation to the CORRECT person goes a long way.

so same old same old. interesting.

Same old negativity from you eh? Boring.

I think Mayhem, what you are saying is when riders use the illegal trails they should leave Strava off - would that be accurate :ph34r: :whistling:?

Same old negativity from you eh? Boring.

I think Mayhem, what you are saying is when riders use the illegal trails they should leave Strava off - would that be accurate :ph34r: :whistling:?

Nope. Parks have people monitoring those trails now. And riders are being taken note of. So any future riding of them will result in Parks (well, Tokai) becoming more and more reticent to grant any sort of concession