Coronation Double Century 2014

GaryvdM

Just out of interest, is the 2nd stop being handled like the first? Compulsory stop and time being stopped?

I am doing it for the 5th/6th time - can't care really - but there has definitely been a pro/con decision made with every single change in the race. My personal view is; have a team scooter following the team for assistance with mechanicals, etc. Back-up vehicles wait at the Stops for feeding. I made that suggestion two years ago - guess my suggestion fell on deaf ears.

They have worded it the same as the first stop. Would be funny to see 200 scooters. Just weld some spare wheel holders to your frame

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You rocket scientists clearly all come top 10 at the dc seeing as it's so easy, right

Point is that a stop makes it easier regardless of where you place. If the wind blows again then the one tonner def a bit tougher. :P

Point is that a stop makes it easier regardless of where you place. If the wind blows again then the one tonner def a bit tougher. :P

One tonner = sit in bunch of 200 riders for 130 km and suffer last 30km

Dc = 12 riders only. No bunch to hide in. Regardless of these new stops.

Measure your tss and tell me which race got you more tss points

The stop doesn't make it any easier, it just breaks the suffer fest into two halves. The only thing that makes the DC easy is when you blow and get dropped by your team. And if you're going to blow, better make sure you're rider number 7. Being rider number 6 and blowing is a whole other world of suffering.

Agreed, having a two breaks allows teams to get back together and then go off again together with a full team. Even if the guys are blown, they can still pull for 10-15mkm while stronger riders rest.

160km non stop is harder than 200km with two breaks. You can wheel suck and get pushed around the dc in an easy time as well so the bunches make no difference.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA So if its that easy you clearly podium material.

so it really doesn't phase them if there are only 8-10 racing teams who's going to bitch about not having backup vehicles, .

You start with twelve okes, six of them are effectively backup already. If you have a mechanical then it's your own fault for not preparing the bike, punctures should be dealt with by taking a wheel if it's one of your stronger guys.

The new strategy for the DC is to ride until you blow, coast to the next stop within 30 minutes of your team and then go again,
so can you send a few guys up the road to start the 30minute timer, or does it have to be from the 6th guy into the stop?

They have worded it the same as the first stop. Would be funny to see 200 scooters. Just weld some spare wheel holders to your frame

Can't weld onto carbon...

so can you send a few guys up the road to start the 30minute timer, or does it have to be from the 6th guy into the stop?

You can, yes. But effectively, the guys that fell off are going to have less rest than the guys who went off the front... they would be fatigued by not having someone to pace them in - great plan in theory but not so much practically...

Whether it's easier or not is irrelevant ... the event/rule(s) is what it is.!

It's like debating whether Argus was easier when it stopped @ Maidens Cove.

Participate and enjoy it.!

Remember, you could have been one of those who didn't get an entry. :whistling:

Whether it's easier or not is irrelevant ... the event/rule(s) is what it is.!

It's like debating whether Argus was easier when it stopped @ Maidens Cove.

Participate and enjoy it.!

Remember, you could have been one of those who didn't get an entry. :whistling:

Spot on...it is what it is

ITO Maidens Cove it might have been easier but it was better.One year we stood around a fire at the finish

Spot on...it is what it is

ITO Maidens Cove it might have been easier but it was better.One year we stood around a fire at the finish

The hub is here for me to "Rant 'n Rave", therefore I am on here to rant and rave :D No one listens to me at home when I do it there so now you guys have to take it!

Rule changes are there to complain about, if we accepted everything life would be boring! They have made their decision, the race snakes will treat it as 3 sprints (which personally I think is going to be more dangerous and more confusing with more teams latching on to others than before the rule changes) and the slow corporates (where let's face it this race is going towards) can coast and take 2 30min long coffee breaks.

Edited by Might K*ks

The hub is here for me to "Rant 'n Rave", therefore I am on here to rant and rave :D No one listens to me at home when I do it there so now you guys have to take it!

Rule changes are there to complain about, if we accepted everything life would be boring! They have made their decision, the race snakes will treat it as 3 sprints (which personally I think is going to be more dangerous and more confusing with more teams latching on to others than before the rule changes) and the slow corporates (where let's face it this race is going towards) can coast and take 2 30min long coffee breaks.

I don't know hey. What's physically and mentally tougher, 200km in one go or split with forced stops? Good question for the sports scientists.

Sitting for 30 minutes might stiffen up the muscles making it more difficult to get going again? So it could be a trade off between decreasing cardiovascular fatique somewhat, but increasing muscle fatique.

I don't know hey. What's physically and mentally tougher, 200km in one go or split with forced stops? Good question for the sports scientists.

Sitting for 30 minutes might stiffen up the muscles making it more difficult to get going again? So it could be a trade off between decreasing cardiovascular fatique somewhat, but increasing muscle fatique.

At what kms on the course are the pit stops...?