Coronation Double Century 2014

GaryvdM

At what kms on the course are the pit stops...?

± 110km (same stop as the last 2 years) and ± 160km is what I think I read somewhere ...

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

± 110km (same stop as the last 2 years) and ± 160km is what I think I read somewhere ...

Thanx!

Two very fit endurance riders are looking for a spot in a DC team. We are from the Fish Hoek area, both sub 4 hours Argus riders and looking for a team that aims to do the DC in 8 hours.

Anyone have an entry for sale? We couldn't get an entry and the organisers can't help us with one.

Anyone have an entry for sale? We couldn't get an entry and the organisers can't help us with one.

I suspect that you are one of many.!

I've heard stories of clubs who normally enter multiple teams not getting any entries.

I suspect that you are one of many.!

I've heard stories of clubs who normally enter multiple teams not getting any entries.

Who has gotten all the entries?

Who has gotten all the entries?

Good question, would be interesting to know who is taking all the entries.... :cursing:

I know of two teams that missed out last year that this year entered the minute the entries opened up so I think at least some of them are taken by teams that missed out last year and were more pro-active this year.

Our team of last year also missed the cut-off so I'm also not doing the DC this year :(

Good question, would be interesting to know who is taking all the entries.... :cursing:

I know of two teams that missed out last year that this year entered the minute the entries opened up so I think at least some of them are taken by teams that missed out last year and were more pro-active this year.

Our team of last year also missed the cut-off so I'm also not doing the DC this year :(

Haven't seen any for resale yet, so hopefully all went to those who are going to participate in and enjoy the event, rather than to members of the black market looking to make a buck.

I heard next year they are planning 4 stops - each 50 km.

Perhaps it's time to plan a new venue at the same time ... one which can accommodate some more participants. :thumbup:

With all these stops the DC is actually very easy!

Most people can ride 130km with a coffee stop...now you will have two coffee stops and only 70km added.

With all these stops the DC is actually very easy!

Most people can ride 130km with a coffee stop...now you will have two coffee stops and only 70km added.

I've done a 1500m race on the track that was more painful than a 100km league race. But ok.

I've done a 1500m race on the track that was more painful than a 100km league race. But ok.

Depends...in the league races there are only about 6-8 guys doing the racing the rest just sit and follow wheels so it can be only that hard for the rest of the guys in the league races. :thumbup:

When the bunch sitters get's isolated(wind, missing break, puncture) in races and needs to work/pace to get to the finish it becomes to them "the hardest race" they ever done. :whistling: