Coronation Double Century 2014

GaryvdM

Hi all, i read it as follows: Riders have UP TO 30min at each stop.

So, if you want to stop for 5 min, then you can.

2.25     In Ashton and Bonnievale, when teams meet their support vehicle, they will be given the opportunity to “clock out” for a maximum period of 30 (thirty) minutes which will NOT count towards their teams’ riding time. ALL teams will be directed through this area and therefore all teams will be “clocked in” and “clocked out” of the feeding zone. Teams will be required to cross a timing mat when “clocking in” and a second mat when ”clocking out” of the feeding zone. Should teams fail to “clock out”, their 30 minutes will be counted towards their overall riding time. The team’s time will stop once the 6th rider of that team crosses the check mat, and will start again when the first rider of the team crosses the second mat.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys should be ashamed, straight lines, blood, snot, kidneys, weak knees and talking in single digits.

Which team is planing on being last over the line?

you guys should be ashamed, straight lines, blood, snot, kidneys, weak knees and talking in single digits.

Which team is planing on being last over the line?

Contrary to popular belief, riding slowly is far tougher than blitzing the course in under 6 hours. The only reason why we ride fast is to get to the finish before our fitness gives in. Occasionally we get it a bit wrong and that's when you see race snakes pedalling squares with their tongues dragging on the tar - 4 hours and then pop!

My wife's 2007 team has the dubious record of making the DC cut off of 10 hours by 1 second to finish in third last place, but last official team.

Contrary to popular belief, riding slowly is far tougher than blitzing the course in under 6 hours. The only reason why we ride fast is to get to the finish before our fitness gives in. Occasionally we get it a bit wrong and that's when you see race snakes pedalling squares with their tongues dragging on the tar - 4 hours and then pop!

My wife's 2007 team has the dubious record of making the DC cut off of 10 hours by 1 second to finish in third last place, but last official team.

Agree.

Did a 9h15 a few years back. Was murder having to keep yourself in check and not ride ahead.

Those last rollers was spent going back to get the guys falling bahind, dragging them up to the group, going back to collect the next one, rinse and repeat.

My backside did not want to see a saddle for a week!!

:ph34r:  clearly you okes are not tough enough  :blink:

I hear you, each to their own, I say, cause at the end of the day, if you say I want to do that again - then it has been a good ride

anyone else having probs adding members to a team - i have 3 still to do but it asks me to sign them in by using FB then it directs to update their info and link to the database!!!! help i'm stuck

Anyone want to buy my accommodation for DC weekend? Frog Mountain http://www.frogmountain.co.za/

It is a chalet that sleeps 4, 2 in a double room and then a loft. Share one bathroom. It is R1200 a night. Very pretty. about 20-25km from Swellendam.  

I have changed DC teams and since I actually have friends on the new team I would prefer to stay with them.

PM me. 

Anyone want to buy my accommodation for DC weekend? Frog Mountain http://www.frogmountain.co.za/

It is a chalet that sleeps 4, 2 in a double room and then a loft. Share one bathroom. It is R1200 a night. Very pretty. about 20-25km from Swellendam.

I have changed DC teams and since I actually have friends on the new team I would prefer to stay with them.

PM me.

Savage move cutting team and joining another... Baller move :P

Agree.

Did a 9h15 a few years back. Was murder having to keep yourself in check and not ride ahead.

Those last rollers was spent going back to get the guys falling bahind, dragging them up to the group, going back to collect the next one, rinse and repeat.

My backside did not want to see a saddle for a week!!

Wannabe, no good deed goes unpunished. ;-) Seriously, finishing the DC will be a dream come true for me. I/we have trained my/our backside/s off, but I still need guys like you, if only as 'cheerleaders'. I hope to finally finish the DC this year. Don't all go packing up and leaving before our team gets there! Please. :-) We WILL make cut-off.

Wannabe, no good deed goes unpunished. ;-) Seriously, finishing the DC will be a dream come true for me. I/we have trained my/our backside/s off, but I still need guys like you, if only as 'cheerleaders'. I hope to finally finish the DC this year. Don't all go packing up and leaving before our team gets there! Please. :-) We WILL make cut-off.

Ha ha, I got a very late entry into this years DC, only met my "team" on Sunday for a 100km ride.

Their aim is to get everybody over the line together, and to do that in 8-8:30.

So this has the potential to turn into another long day.

BUT WHAT THE HELL, IT IS STILL FUN!!!!!

Ha ha, I got a very late entry into this years DC, only met my "team" on Sunday for a 100km ride.

Cool will see you on the road. My first one as well. We are also aiming at 8hours. Riding for the Bloemendal Daisies. Did the 4 passes yesterday. 163km 6:43 2239m of climb. * hours should be doable.

Cool will see you on the road. My first one as well. We are also aiming at 8hours. Riding for the Bloemendal Daisies. Did the 4 passes yesterday. 163km 6:43 2239m of climb. * hours should be doable.

Can you believe I've never done the 4 passes route before!? :blush:

Shocking!!! :eek:

Ja, see you on the road. I'll be part of the Outriders Social Team.

Gonna be lekka, looking forward to it. :clap:  :thumbup:

Training rides? Meeting your team? Pfft. We meet each other for the first time in the start chute, and the ride out of town is our only training ride ;)

Probably explains why in the past we've dropped riders before making the N2. Now that's a long ride on your own, with no one to wheel suck.

Can you believe I've never done the 4 passes route before!? :blush:

Shocking!!! :eek:

Ja, see you on the road. I'll be part of the Outriders Social Team.

Gonna be lekka, looking forward to it. :clap:  :thumbup:

Was my first one as well. Awesome ride. I believe that we may not ride on the N2. We were 19 all in singel file with a back up vehicle behind us. Damn such an awesome ride the 4 passes.

Was my first one as well. Awesome ride. I believe that we may not ride on the N2. We were 19 all in singel file with a back up vehicle behind us. Damn such an awesome ride the 4 passes.

Nice to hear you on the road smurfy. Will see you at the DC too

Nice to hear you on the road smurfy. Will see you at the DC too

Morning, Was a good day to cycle. Just wave as you pass by. :w00t:  :whistling: