2014 Cape Epic Partnerships

N-I-N-J-A

the way Yamamotorbike made suffer last year... the couch is going to be a very real treat for me @ Lapa....

Would have like to have seen yourself and Uys in the epic...reckon you guys had a shout at the red?

Edited by rouxtjie

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ rouxtjie only reason i would go for epic again is yellow... at 26 reckon in the next 10 years that could happen.. but for know i concentrate on common wealth and olympics.. and let me tell you something.. the depth of youngsters in sa is amazing at xc!! there are so many talented riders and they all fighing very hard!! the likes of rourke croeser, phil buys is amzing.. i got a lot of work to do still to get my xc legs up to them... they dont get the credit they deserve at xc.. marathon gets all publicity.. !! but its a new challenge for me and im loving it!!

@ rouxtjie only reason i would go for epic again is yellow... at 26 reckon in the next 10 years that could happen.. but for know i concentrate on common wealth and olympics.. and let me tell you something.. the depth of youngsters in sa is amazing at xc!! there are so many talented riders and they all fighing very hard!! the likes of rourke croeser, phil buys is amzing.. i got a lot of work to do still to get my xc legs up to them... they dont get the credit they deserve at xc.. marathon gets all publicity.. !! but its a new challenge for me and im loving it!!

Nice brotherman.... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

what happened at sabie??

Yeah shame hey.. the xc guys really don't get the acknowledgement they should. And xc is hard so hard .. I tried it once.. full taps lap after lap ... eina not for me.

But really really wish all the youngsters all the best, they are super talented.

@rouxtjie felt ready good!! recon this year i was in with a good shot at top 3 but, not shredded my tyre at the 40km mark beyond repair.. was wonderful race and real test for epic contenders.. was great to crest the KOM only 30 seconds behind urs and kev and 10 seconds behind karl especially since i been focussing on short power climbs.. and sabie has some monster hills!! big respect to all the soldiers who finished that monster day out... it looked deadly!!!

funniest thing is in the week before the event the weather was wonderful and track so smooth and fast.. friday night that ll changed..

anyone else got any predictions on epic? dark horses?

@rouxtjie felt ready good!! recon this year i was in with a good shot at top 3 but, not shredded my tyre at the 40km mark beyond repair.. was wonderful race and real test for epic contenders.. was great to crest the KOM only 30 seconds behind urs and kev and 10 seconds behind karl especially since i been focussing on short power climbs.. and sabie has some monster hills!! big respect to all the soldiers who finished that monster day out... it looked deadly!!!

funniest thing is in the week before the event the weather was wonderful and track so smooth and fast.. friday night that ll changed..

Well nothing changes by me.. I always cheer for the Bulls, Platt comes across like a really awesome guy. . How can one not cheer for him.. and this yr.. pheeewie.. they look so strong.

As for the african jersey. . Not sure.. cant tell

The ladies race may either turn out very exciting or just dominated by Kleinhans and her partner.. they destroyed the field at Pioneer.. but a lot can happen at any time at the epic..

I have noticed the RECM have had a couple of mechanical issues since moving over to Spez. . Not sure if it's just bad luck or perhaps paying the price for all that lightweight equipment.

Dark horses - Naef & Fluckiger.

Yellow - Fight between Sauser & Platt

Red - Lill & Keey

Youngsters to watch - Beukes & Heyns

• 2 weeks later...

I see on twitter that neil mcdonald has withdrawn from the epic for 2014. I wonder i Kevin is still going to ride and if so with who?

It will be really crap if he doesnt as he has shown great form this year.

I see on twitter that neil mcdonald has withdrawn from the epic for 2014. I wonder i Kevin is still going to ride and if so with who?

It will be really crap if he doesnt as he has shown great form this year.

I see Kevin is riding with Max Knox

so the Dark horses for me is You and Kevin....ready to surprise them???

Holy flip, thats one of the nicest looking ugly bike I've ever seen. Even with the "klopse" colours!

Tjy stiek yt

:-D

I see Kevin is riding with Max Knox

Thats a very quick turnaround by max. Wondet how prepared he is. Good partnership though

Thats a very quick turnaround by max. Wondet how prepared he is. Good partnership though

contenders for African jersey and a few stage wins? Me thinks so! Two of my favorite riders

contenders for African jersey and a few stage wins? Me thinks so! Two of my favorite riders

Two of my favourites as well, I just dont know in what condition max is. He'll have to prove me wrong.

I also like the RE:CM boys for the red jersey