2014 Cape Epic Partnerships

N-I-N-J-A

I saw the pic of Nico's bike, he posted to FB. He is riding a 27.5" Scott Spark Dual Suspension bike, with Sram 1x11.

Brave.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that his bike for this year? It seems like it has a DT Swiss rear shock(2013), and all the 2014 models have a Fox in the rear. Well maybe DT Swiss built him a custom job for his bike, he is Nino after all....

Is that his bike for this year? It seems like it has a DT Swiss rear shock(2013), and all the 2014 models have a Fox in the rear. Well maybe DT Swiss built him a custom job for his bike, he is Nino after all....

He posted that pic 3 days ago (Friday).

Will Phillip Buys ride a 29er or 650b?

And he is a Swiss after all! keeping it in the house... and the guy who hand-makes his Tubbies is also into cheese fondues.

Here's him & mates (?)enjoying a day off at Camps Bay yesterday

935150_10152209589533910_323105898_n.jpg

Re: Teammate Phil: I reckon he will stick with what is is used to - 29'er, he is a tad taller that Nino as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Riding the Attakwas Extreme as your 1st MTB race is pretty hardcore in my books, especially finishing it in under 5 hours!

My top 3...

1- Platt, huber (untouchable at the moment)

2-Merida always consistent

3-Top peak ( mennen and hunik (not sure spelling) ( check his past results out another rider from czech rep top 4 marathon world champs last two years)

outside contenders who could still fill 2nd and 3rd overall are

-Susi ( he best rider in the world, but its all about team work and a new be to epic is a big disadvantage)

-centuria vaude ( markus kaufman and jackom kass, winners transalp and in top shape there goal win epic!! kass has been on the podium at the epic a few times i think..

apart from them i dont think any one else will stand a any chance at all...

but im fist to admit, i have been proven wrong in the past so lets see...

the big day is coming soon!! then the geuss work wont be needed... :-)

My top 3...

1- Platt, huber (untouchable at the moment)

2-Merida always consistent

3-Top peak ( mennen and hunik (not sure spelling) ( check his past results out another rider from czech rep top 4 marathon world champs last two years)

outside contenders who could still fill 2nd and 3rd overall are

-Susi ( he best rider in the world, but its all about team work and a new be to epic is a big disadvantage)

-centuria vaude ( markus kaufman and jackom kass, winners transalp and in top shape there goal win epic!! kass has been on the podium at the epic a few times i think..

apart from them i dont think any one else will stand a any chance at all...

but im fist to admit, i have been proven wrong in the past so lets see...

the big day is coming soon!! then the geuss work wont be needed... :-)

Susi rode with a newbie at the epic last year and they still won it. Yes it was the olympic champion but everyone thought it would not work as Kulhavy is a XC rider... I wont write Susi off. The epic is his race!!!

I am also exited to see what Nino and Philip can do.

If Kevin had a stronger partner they would've been right up there as he is in great form at the moment.

Its going to be some exiting racing, but those Bulls are going to be hard to beat!!!

agreed going to be one hell of a race to watch... !!! but the way the bulls look at the moment i have never seen them look so motivated!!! think karl wants to be the first man to0 five epic wins!!!

kevin evans also in great shape he would be right up there contending !!!

think nino and phil will pull off a stage win or two but dont fancy them for overall.

but as i said all just speculation.. let the riders do the talking and prove us couch potatoes wrong...

not long to go know and i for one am excited to see what happens!!!

Yellow - Susi and rabubi

Red - Lil and Key

Orange - langfart :w00t: and ariane

I wouldnt write off Bell and Kleinhans for the red. It all just depends on how reliable Susi and Rabubi's equipment is going to be...

I wouldnt write off Bell and Kleinhans for the red. It all just depends on how reliable Susi and Rabubi's equipment is going to be...

Sure and good call...it would be 50/50 ito recm vs blend. Kleinhans is looking proper strong

the way Yamamotorbike made suffer last year... the couch is going to be a very real treat for me @ Lapa....