2014 Cape Epic Partnerships

N-I-N-J-A

I see Kevin is riding with Max Knox

Huh?? Has this been confirmed. . And where did you see this. And why is Macdonald not riding the Epic.?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark horses - Naef & Fluckiger.

Yellow - Fight between Sauser & Platt

Red - Lill & Keey

Youngsters to watch - Beukes & Heyns

I definately vote and hope youngsters to be Beukes & Heyns

Two of my favourites as well, I just dont know in what condition max is. He'll have to prove me wrong.

I also like the RE:CM boys for the red jersey

I also rate Nico Bell. Stand up guy. Met him in person a few times.

African jersey is going to be a great contest. My thoughts (and very subjective) -

Lill-Keey :

Pros - Lill in very good shape with even more experience. The team is stronger.

Cons - Not sure where Keey is at compared with last year.

Lill is in great shape and hopefully the stomach bug of last year stay away. Hope Keey is again in good shape, he was very strong last year.

Evans-Max :

Pros - Two of SA's best XCM cyclists. Evans and Knox are tough tough tough!

Cons - Evans may not be as motivated as previously. Max's training was not Epic focused?

Evans is hard as nails and very consistent. He knows what its about. Max is one of our best - just hope he goes in with not too little body fat...

Kleinhans-Bell:

Pros - Very focused and hungry to perform. Good preparation.

Cons - New partners. Consistency over 8 days ?

Where my thoughts are at - Lets see :) These guys are all so so good.

Has the evans and knox partnership been confirmed anywhere. I saw on twitter Neil said he is sad to miss the epic, but has seen no confirmation on the new partnership.

Edited by Eugee

Thanks scotty

Suppose i should have thought about the official site. Interesting partnership. They have sprinted against each other often for race wins. Kevin looks in great shape. If max is in similar shape this will be an epic african jersey contest.

Dark horses - Naef & Fluckiger.

Yellow - Fight between Sauser & Platt

Red - Lill & Keey

Youngsters to watch - Beukes & Heyns

With Naef out and Max Knox in I'm revising my picks

Dark horses - Mennen & Hynek

Red - Evans & Knox

With Naef out and Max Knox in I'm revising my picks

Dark horses - Mennen & Hynek

Red - Evans & Knox

Aikona oom

Either Bell / Kleinhans or Lill / Keey

Edited by rouxtjie

Aikona oom

Those guys are exceptional at the moment and pretty consistent, but Kevin and Max both just have something special that many local pros seem to lack at times. So I recon they will be right up there. I doubt Max would sign up for something like this if he was unsure about his form.

Aikona oom

I'm willing to bet a beer no wait lets make it a lunch at Gilroys.

Kevin Evans is the strongest local rider and I believe Max will dig deep. Lill & Keey was my first pick but with the Maxevans combo racing I'm changing my pick.

But Max was saying on here a few weeks ago that he is giving The Epic (™) a miss this year. Surely a pro would have a rigid training regime going months before such an event? But all the best to them.

Edited by kosmonooit

I'm willing to bet a beer no wait lets make it a lunch at Gilroys.

Kevin Evans is the strongest local rider and I believe Max will dig deep. Lill & Keey was my first pick but with the Maxevans combo racing I'm changing my pick.

You are on....steak and chips and a gilroys blonde(no not one of the aunty's at another table)

I am going with Lill and Keey then...I like king kev and max but I don't think their form is where the other okes are.

PS being rabubi and suzie backup riders I don't want to go bell / kleinhans purely because they might have to give a wheel somewhere along the line...they would have been my first choice if they werent riding "in support of"

Edited by rouxtjie

You are on....steak and chips and a gilroys blonde(no not one of the aunty's at another table)

I am going with Lill and Keey then...I like king kev and max but I don't think their form is where the other okes are.

PS being rabubi and suzie backup riders I don't want to go bell / kleinhans purely because they might have to give a wheel somewhere along the line...they would have been my first choice if they werent riding "in support of"

Done :thumbup:

We should maybe do a "pick six" type thing....where you have to get all of this correct with like a 50 buck buy in

Yellow

Red

Orange

Will check with the manne in our mtb whatsapp group