2014 Cape Epic Partnerships

N-I-N-J-A

But meerendal make a lot more money exporting wine overseas, and marketing the estate and area as a destination for tourists from overseas, so makes sense to advertise to them?

Ag I know all of that.. like I said I get it.. sometimes it just seems like our local guys can't catch a break. ;) ag I know it's just business for them, just a bit disappointed for our local guys, that's all.

Edited by Gen

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a business, Gen. Without ALL the big names there, it would just be another Trailseeker, ie they would have to charge < R200. Nothing wrong with Trailseeker, not my intent to dis them, just explaining the point about MAKING MONEY.

It's a business, Gen. Without ALL the big names there, it would just be another Trailseeker, ie they would have to charge < R200. Nothing wrong with Trailseeker, not my intent to dis them, just explaining the point about MAKING MONEY.

Sigh... I know.. like I said just disappointed for our local guys.

Ag I know all of that.. like I said I get it.. sometimes it just seems like our local guys can't catch a break. ;) ag I know it's just business for them, just a bit disappointed for our local guys, that's all.

Me thinks the local guys must ride faster...

Me thinks the local guys must ride faster...

Ha ha ha yeah you have a point too ha ha ha

Any talk of Max Knox riding?

Always thought the partnership of Knox & Yamamoto/Todd Wells was a brilliant backup team. Pity....

Always thought the partnership of Knox & Yamamoto/Todd Wells was a brilliant backup team. Pity....

I asked him on his welcome thread.. he isn't riding this yr.

he isnt part of Specialzed any more. He now rides for Ghost!

If TopPeak Ergon pairs a top rider with Albin Lakata they could pull off a upset, He is a great rider and often pushes sauser to the limit in races, think he came second in world marathon champs last year. Its about time theres a change at the top

If TopPeak Ergon pairs a top rider with Albin Lakata they could pull off a upset, He is a great rider and often pushes sauser to the limit in races, think he came second in world marathon champs last year. Its about time theres a change at the top

I may be wrong, but Lakata got injured a little while ago and has been out of action.

Sauser knows how to pick partners. He's almost better with that than riding a bike.

Love the Nino and Flippie partnership. They'd probably only go for stage wins though.

Should make for some great racing!

I defnitely rate lakata...like you say. Don't know if he is racing though, and with who

Lakata is out. He ruptured his achilles tendon in a ski accident in December.