2014 Cape Epic Partnerships

N-I-N-J-A

Will Nino be riding a 29er or 650B? Just saw a video of him ripping up the trails in Jonkershoek and that looked like a 29er dual?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Nino be riding a 29er or 650B? Just saw a video of him ripping up the trails in Jonkershoek and that looked like a 29er dual?

They'll be racing on 650b dual suspensions.

I don't think Marco Fontana will be riding this year. From what I understand, he blames the epic for the "average" XCO season (still very good) he had last year.

I think Kevin might ride with Neil Mcdonald. I don't think Kevin's focus is the epic, I think his entire season is focussed towards marathon world champs.

I think, that your thinking is spot-on. But then again it might not be inline with the team goals...african jersey

I think, that your thinking is spot-on. But then again it might not be inline with the team goals...african jersey

He's had a few goes at the XCM world champs were any close to winning? #ekvramaarnet

He's had a few goes at the XCM world champs were any close to winning? #ekvramaarnet

speaking under correction but I think his best placing was 8th...could be wrong. Also I think king kev has had enough of the epic...too much of a sword that has always hung over his head ito expectations. So XCM world's is fresh and new and if he focuses solely on it, he could do very well. But like I posted earlier, this might not be in-line with Fedgroup's team goals of which the african jersey is a no brainer.

Yes as far as I can remember 8th was his best. The fight for the african jersey is going to be very interesting. A could of teams have ability to take it this year. It will be interesting to see what Fedgroup does, Some how Brandon has never seemed to be on top form at the epic.

Yip for the red jersey fo sure.

Ja, but you never know maybe even the overall...

Reminds me of my favorite Nike ad "The Theory of Competition":

Here's the thing that makes life so interesting: The Theory of Evolution claims that "only the strong shall survive". Maybe so, maybe so. But the Theory of Competition says "just because they're the strong doesn't mean they can't get their asses kicked". That's right. See, what every long shot come from behind underdog will tell you is this: The other guy may in fact be the favorite, the odds may be stacked against you. Fair enough... But what the odds don't know is this isn't a math test. This is a completely different kind of test. One where passion has a funny way of trumping logic. So before you step up to the starting line, before the whistle blows and the clock starts ticking, just remember: out here, the results don't always add up. No matter what the stats may say and the experts may think and the commentators may have predicted, when the race is on, all bets are off. Don't be surprised if someone decides to flip the script and take a pass on yelling "Uncle". And then suddenly, as the old saying goes, "We got ourselves a game"

Ja, but you never know maybe even the overall...

Reminds me of my favorite Nike ad "The Theory of Competition":

Here's the thing that makes life so interesting: The Theory of Evolution claims that "only the strong shall survive". Maybe so, maybe so. But the Theory of Competition says "just because they're the strong doesn't mean they can't get their asses kicked". That's right. See, what every long shot come from behind underdog will tell you is this: The other guy may in fact be the favorite, the odds may be stacked against you. Fair enough... But what the odds don't know is this isn't a math test. This is a completely different kind of test. One where passion has a funny way of trumping logic. So before you step up to the starting line, before the whistle blows and the clock starts ticking, just remember: out here, the results don't always add up. No matter what the stats may say and the experts may think and the commentators may have predicted, when the race is on, all bets are off. Don't be surprised if someone decides to flip the script and take a pass on yelling "Uncle". And then suddenly, as the old saying goes, "We got ourselves a game"

Eish....not so sure about that. They are riding support for songo anyway and me thinks songo might need a wheel somewhere along the line

Eish....not so sure about that. They are riding support for songo anyway and me thinks songo might need a wheel somewhere along the line

Agreed... but you never know :)

Edited by d@vid

Unfortunately, they won't be riding this year :-(

aggenoo.. who is going to wear baggies and wheelie downhill now.

Mmm as for predictions.. I dont make them.. cause then I jinx them.. but ermm I am 100% behind a certain german who has won the epic a "couple" of times and his partner. and as for the local boys 100% behind Greg's brother in law's team ;)

German? Not maybe Swiss :ph34r:

You guys know that Meerendal are sponsoring 20 international pro teams over all the dif cats.

Now I get that people want to sponsor winners. . But hell we have some really talented local riders. Not like Sauser and co don't already have great sponsors.. I'm slightly miffed about it.

Edited by Gen

You guys know that Meerendal are sponsoring 20 international pro teams over all the dif cats.

Now I get that people want to sponsor winners. . But hell we have some really talented local riders. Not like Sauser and co don't already have great sponsors.. I'm slightly miffed about it.

But meerendal make a lot more money exporting wine overseas, and marketing the estate and area as a destination for tourists from overseas, so makes sense to advertise to them?