2014 Cape Epic Partnerships

N-I-N-J-A

Why? Have you seen either of their training programmes?

Why? Have you seen either of their training programmes?

Thats exactly what I though re: training.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No only past results - lets place a bookmark here. Nino and Phil wont make the podium.

At this stage its not entirely fair to judge on past results. Yes I agree in the past Phil hasn't been a force to reckon with in the majority of XCM races. Mostly because all of his training was focused on XCO. They won last year's African jersey almost purely on XCO specific training. Partnering with Nino this year has shifted his focus primarily to XCM racing with Epic as the end goal. Seeing how hard and disciplined he has trained the last few months, specifically for Epic, I reckon they will at least be podium contenders.

At this stage its not entirely fair to judge on past results. Yes I agree in the past Phil hasn't been a force to reckon with in the majority of XCM races. Mostly because all of his training was focused on XCO. They won last year's African jersey almost purely on XCO specific training. Partnering with Nino this year has shifted his focus primarily to XCM racing with Epic as the end goal. Seeing how hard and disciplined he has trained the last few months, specifically for Epic, I reckon they will at least be podium contenders.

Their problem is that they are up against the top XCM riders in the world, wishing them well but it will be tough. Don't forget about the other Bulls and European teams.

Their problem is that they are up against the top XCM riders in the world, wishing them well but it will be tough. Don't forget about the other Bulls and European teams.

Some of the Euro guys will be racing Dullstroom, all of them will be riding Sabie and Tulbagh so rather judge Phillips form then you might just be surprised

My money's on Christoph Sauser/Frantisek Rabon for overall win this year.

2nd Karl Platt/Urs Huber

3rd ??

My money's on Christoph Sauser/Frantisek Rabon for overall win this year.

2nd Karl Platt/Urs Huber

3rd ??

Bulls have an advantage with 3 teams but they also had 3 teams in previous years and missed out. Don't forget about

Fluckiger/Naef

Boehme/Stiebjahn

Sahm/Dietsch

Hermida/Van Houts

Mennen/Hynek

You guys are forgeting about fumic and the cannondale boys

I don't think Marco Fontana will be riding this year. From what I understand, he blames the epic for the "average" XCO season (still very good) he had last year.

I think Kevin might ride with Neil Mcdonald. I don't think Kevin's focus is the epic, I think his entire season is focussed towards marathon world champs.

Platt and Huber will win I think.. Nino struggles with the longer rides...Hope Phillip Buys and Nino gets a podium....

what do you mean?

This also has me confused.. wonder if he is not getting david george and brandon mixed up..

Mmm as for predictions.. I dont make them.. cause then I jinx them.. but ermm I am 100% behind a certain german who has won the epic a "couple" of times and his partner. and as for the local boys 100% behind Greg's brother in law's team ;)

Edited by Gen