2014 Dischem ride for sight.

Jeri

Had fun with the VA group. Some serious racing made it better than the normal training ride I would have done at home. 2:42. Marshals were good and the route was OK. Next weekend we do it all over again......

Now just to find a place to lie down and die in peace.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had fun with the VA group. Some serious racing made it better than the normal training ride I would have done at home. 2:42. Marshals were good and the route was OK. Next weekend we do it all over again......

Now just to find a place to lie down and die in peace.

I see you guys were actually faster than VB this time. Well done!!!

E Bunch report :

Seems that the 4kgs I lost helped a lot today... Until the crash on the 60km mark(I got slaamed from the left by a rider in red and white kit), almost put me under an oncomming Truck... I shat myself but kept it

together :eek: . Sadly that guy went down hard ... very hard (any feedback please). I went on but the bike took some damage , Crank clunking and Big Blade only , Nicely in time for the Hills. Kicked myself for that 54 chainring (lol).Needless to say i GOT dropped after the stops trying to get gears working. Had a great ride in spite of the bad result (3h30).

Thanks to All the guys up front for making the time together so much Fun :clap:

My wife rode with the LL group. She somehow escaped the crash, she said only 4 in the entire group got through the crash. Sho thats bad.

Had a good race, AL was tough i won't lie. That guy that had to crash at 100km while I went to the right to blow my nose, sigh had to go all the way over to the right hand side of the road and go on the gravel, and the wheels still almost hit, very very close. If anyone saw it they would now, just glad he went right and not left.

Then on 112 km another bunch of guys went down right in front of me and I had to go gravel again. i must remind myself Im not doing a mtb race :-).

But the bloody oak thet squeezed his car in as we joined with the 62km, caused a split and a few almost accidents. chased as hard as I could but the matches was empty, just just managed to pass the guy in the radioshack kit on the final sprint.

Good meeting underachiever, you feel like a newb when you tell someone you have been cycling for 2 years and they say they have been doing it for 30 years... :o

Edited by RastaMan

That oak nailed the final nail into my coffin.. I just had enough, so I sat up and kicked some cones to the finish..

Was a good race but too many guys came down which wasn't nice.

Edited by Race Turtle

E Bunch report :

Seems that the 4kgs I lost helped a lot today... Until the crash on the 60km mark(I got slaamed from the left by a rider in red and white kit), almost put me under an oncomming Truck... I shat myself but kept it

together :eek: . Sadly that guy went down hard ... very hard (any feedback please). I went on but the bike took some damage , Crank clunking and Big Blade only , Nicely in time for the Hills. Kicked myself for that 54 chainring (lol).Needless to say i GOT dropped after the stops trying to get gears working. Had a great ride in spite of the bad result (3h30).

Thanks to All the guys up front for making the time together so much Fun :clap:

The guys in E did not work together so everybody sat up. As soon as some would break away they got caught. Finally after turning left at about 43km we managed a break away of about 8 riders I think. Managed a 3.17 but the last 20km finished riding with 2 tendams. Wind was to crazy to try and sneak away but went with a CL rider and a BL. Made a charge for the line with 1km to go.

Very nice coming down Suikerbosrand and not seeing huge groups. Thumps up for small bunches. Just need to get the seeding right.

Did the 62km, no issues with marshaling and thought it was well managed except for the cones which i agree was not ideal. Regards the merging of short and long this is inevitable in majority races, road and MTB where there are different distances and the orgs of the R4S tried to reduce this by making the 62km an out and back so it was only the stretch off North Boundry leading onto Barry Marais then Jubilee road. A few years back the merge happened on the R23 already.

Nice to see a Boksburg boytjie win the elites.

My best race, really well organised!

Only doing Racetec races from now on!

Have to say ... the organisation for this event has to go to the sponsor Dischem , their organisation of this event is always good.