2014 Dischem ride for sight.

Jeri

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When AL passed them they were actually neutralised.
They finished momenys ahead of BL. I was hoping that we would have caught them, but maybe it was all for the better with the short riders and cones...

Great race (ok except for the cones). Fast start, got dropped somewhere around 55-60km when entire race was sitting in gutter on right (lucky we're not in the cape). Cruised home, enjoyed it.

It felt weird (and wrong) when the whole group was sitting in the right lane. I was wondering WTF I was doing since I was sitting on the exposed side anyway.

Great race (ok except for the cones). Fast start, got dropped somewhere around 55-60km when entire race was sitting in gutter on right (lucky we're not in the cape). Cruised home, enjoyed it.

Ten minutes before the elite ladies... :o

I spoke to one of the girls, they didn't race for time, they raced for the win. Yesterday was a repeat of attack, chase slow down/recover rinse & repeat. No wonder Anli said they quality of road racing for women in sa is not up to standard.

It's always an interesting question. Do you put them with VC or VB to get the leg and proper racing speed, but doing less in the group, or do you let them ride on their own, with much less numbers and slower time?

The quality is not there, because there is just not enough elite ladies. I've heard somewhere that speed wise to compete overseas they probably have to race with VA.

It felt weird (and wrong) when the whole group was sitting in the right lane. I was wondering WTF I was doing since I was sitting on the exposed side anyway.

I know exactly what you mean :whistling:

I Cant wait till I'm stronger so I can play with you guys instead of the afternoon starters :o

I enjoyed the race up until the 30Km mark where I had the wipe of my life, limped home then helped many other people on the way with a tube, bomb and tire levers - Thanks To the guy by the name of Tony that lent me his multi-tool.

What happened with them rding in the VC bunch to improve the quality of the riding?

The VC's won't race if the ladies are included in their batch.

Tell them (ladies) there's no prize money, and you'll see how much quicker they ride.

Edited by geraldm24

The results have still not been added to the PPA seedings. I am not sure if I find this acceptable!

are you sure?

Only my 2013 ride fro sight results are displaying

are you sure?

Only my 2013 ride fro sight results are displaying

Please read my post again, as I am saying what you are saying.

Please read my post again, as I am saying what you are saying.

eish monday morning soz.

Also can't wait. saw my berge & dale race took my index down to 17 this, r4s might take it down to like 15. But I am still starting in D at at the Argus, wish they could have included berge & R4S results

eish monday morning soz.

Also can't wait. saw my berge & dale race took my index down to 17 this, r4s might take it down to like 15. But I am still starting in D at at the Argus, wish they could have included berge & R4S results

I do not think this race will get a favorable beta. It had the lowest beta of all the races I did last year, but we can only hope.

Dont stress, I think the Ds are good for a sub 3 at the Argus, just judging by the guys I know who are in D this year. Al of them were close to 2h50 at R4S this year, which is a good indicator or Argus times, subject to weather obviously :)

The results have still not been added to the PPA seedings. I am not sure if I find this acceptable!

AFAIK, PPA only run the seedings once on month. So your February results wil be added in March. Always been like this.

eish monday morning soz.

My Berge n Dale result was included for my Argus seeding. Check http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/. This is a snapshot of what was used for Argus.