2014 Dischem ride for sight.

Jeri

AL for me too, will be in black and white FiT kit on Felt F4.

Was on an old TCR wearing a red/white Flandria shirt at Serengeti. This time on my TCR Adv ISP, perhaps I will wear my Blu/white Kleenex kit on Sunday.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hubbers some feedback regarding the seeding.

It is not a seeding but a group placement. Our groups are smaller than the 94.7 according to CSA rules. You can check your seeding at registration but it depends  on how many people entered with a better seeding than you.

For example we only have 65 racing tandems so the other are complaining, The group sizes are  kept small to ensure a safer ride.

Will the bunches break up early or is it a flat start? I have not seen the profile map yet. AL.

Flat and fast to to start.. only hit a few bumps a little later on...then flat. with a headwind most likely coming home...

Hi hubbers some feedback regarding the seeding.

It is not a seeding but a group placement. Our groups are smaller than the 94.7 according to CSA rules. You can check your seeding at registration but it depends on how many people entered with a better seeding than you.

For example we only have 65 racing tandems so the other are complaining, The group sizes are kept small to ensure a safer ride.

Surely that's how seedings are supposed to work… placing you in a group in order of your seeding. Lowest first, the rest follow until the batch is full?

BTW, how many entries did you get? The Our would indicate that you're part of the organising folk

Edited by geraldm24

BTW, how many entries did you get? The Our would indicate that you're part of the organising folk

I'm curious too.

I am not part of the organisers. Just thought I would share the reply I got from them. How can they have more entries that the 94.7 to push me to E?

I am going to visit the reseeding at number collection and hopefully the will get it right.

I am not part of the organisers. Just thought I would share the reply I got from them. How can they have more entries that the 94.7 to push me to E?

I am going to visit the reseeding at number collection and hopefully the will get it right.

Do you people not understand this? The group you are placed in is based on your seeding, it's not your seeding.

If the organizers want groups of 20 instead of 200 and that means you are now group J and not A, so be it, the other people in your group have the same seeding index as you! I was grouped A for Serengeti on a higher index than my C in this race, simply as the entry numbers are higher.

Re the comment on 94.7, those groups are 300-400 hundred, as they have full road closures and can have so many people in them. On a race like this, where it's narrow roads, the groups need to be smaller. I actually appreciate that the organizers did this, as this is a fast race.

I bet the very same people who are moaning because their egos are not coping with a letter their group has been assigned would be the first to complain if there were crashes due to huge bunches.

The letter on your race number not a sign how fast you are, your index shows that. It is the only real constant that covers all the races. Stop being so egotistical!

First compare group winning times to last year before you criticize too much. I am sure the B this year will be faster than the B last year, same with C and D etc.

Edited by ArchedBackChinOut

The okes in A solemnly pledge to give you right of way when you come past.

Zatec: you can see you seeding index here: results.racetec.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=1 . It's ppa branding, but I'm quite certain that they use the same data for non ppa, racetec races. I'm sure if you compare you index to others in your group, I'm sure you will find they are similar. If you index is lower than you think it should be, get an understanding of the maths, and I'm sure you will figure out a way to improve it (generally ride faster in races, but I've also some other tactics, like ride in smaller races.)

The joke is actually on anyone that starts in a batch that they dont have the legs for....you want to start in a batch that is inline with your abilities. If I start in A and should be in C well then is only one thing that can really happen

Group drops me 10km in after I went through every single match I had just to hang on at the back of A batch...will be caught in no-man's land without any help and once another group catches me I won't have the legs to even stay with them. Remember you race your batch...thats all that counts.

People read up on how PPA does their seeding and think thst is how races upcountry are seeded as well...

System works well....actually very well. Clear / Transparent and fair, this is from a newb that didn't have a road index in December 2013