Porsche Bikes

pista

Porsche takes environmental responsibility to new levels with bicycle range

Just like its cars, the Porsche Bike is lightweight, it uses a carbon construction and all of the power is sent to the rear wheel. However, how much power the bikes produce will depend on the rider.

The latest additions to the Porsche vehicle range are the Bike RX, Bike RS and the Bike, each of which promises to reign supreme over a different territory.

The Bike RX boasts a 20-speed Shimano gear assembly and 27.5-inch wheels, plus a DT Swiss air suspension setup and disc brakes for serious off-roading. And when the going gets too tough, the prodigious use of carbon fiber in its construction should make it light enough to carry.

The Bike RS is more of a hybrid: keeping the gears and brakes of the RX, it is built more for speed and longer journeys, when getting there quickly and comfortably is the most important thing.

Finally the Porsche Bike, with its 8-speed hub gear assembly and near silent belt drive, is designed to be the ideal two-wheel companion for negotiating the urban jungle. And for this reason, it also comes with the same serious Magura disc brakes.

Available in three sizes -- small, medium and large -- the bikes will be going on sale globally as part of the Porsche Driver's Selection range of goods from March. Porsche is yet to confirm pricing but one suspects that, although they will come at a premium compared with other bikes already on the market, they will be the most affordable vehicles to carry the Porsche badge in the company's history.

http://content.worldcarfans.co/2014/2/18/super/383386229806839945.jpg