gwhite

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey there

been on here for a while but never posted anything so here goes:

Been riding for 2 years now and been through a few pairs of gloves already, the more expensive ones are only lasting roughly 6-8 months, the previous 2 pairs were Giro, the Monaco LF lasted roughly 8 months and after a fall they tore up pretty bad, so I thought I'd try the Giro Remedy, they started pulling apart at the seam of the thumb and palm as well as tearing through on the sides of the fingers after about 4 months & after yet another fall the palm has torn 6 months in .......

I need to buy a new pair of gloves real soon and i'm not really keen on forking out another 450 South African Ronds if it aint gonna last, so my question is...

Are there any glove suggestions that you cats may have in the cool, stylish, protective and hard wearing category?

My go to gloves, FOX dirtpaws, excellent quality

Paid round R300 for mine, will buy them again if one day they decide to conk out. Even wash them every 3rd week to add to the wear factor, and still no signs of going. Had them for 3 years now.

http://www.mouthymimes.com/glove6.jpg

The longest lasting gloves I've use to date are the Fly Racing Kinetic gloves. I sourced them through CRC but you can find them locally through one of the local MX shops.

http://www.extremesupply.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/600x600/flyracing/flyracing_gloves/flyracing_gloves_kinetic.jpg

I had giro remedy gloves that lasted about six minutes. Then I bought thor mx gloves from a motorbike shop and couldn't be happier. Cheap and they had xxl which is a hard size to find normally.

I had giro remedy gloves that lasted about six minutes. Then I bought thor mx gloves from a motorbike shop and couldn't be happier. Cheap and they had xxl which is a hard size to find normally.

My go to gloves, FOX dirtpaws, excellent quality

Paid round R300 for mine, will buy them again if one day they decide to conk out. Even wash them every 3rd week to add to the wear factor, and still no signs of going. Had them for 3 years now.

http://www.mouthymimes.com/glove6.jpg

+1 on the dirtpaws. Mine need replacement after about 5000km.

Another +1 on the dirtpaws. Mine need replacing after 9 months of hard riding. The only reason im replacing them is the velcro has disappeared.

hmm those dirtpaws look the business. I bought a pair of euro star motorbike gloves, mainly a winter glove but very comfortable

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Been riding with these for the last 6 months or so and super stoked with them. Very comfy and no signs of wearing out.

post-47064-0-23756600-1393956250.jpg

Thanks, I was looking at the dirt paws but don't see them at local bike retailers if been to, is there any duty on gloves if I order from crc? Or does anyone know who stocks them in cape town?

The longest lasting gloves I've use to date are the Fly Racing Kinetic gloves. I sourced them through CRC but you can find them locally through one of the local MX shops.

http://www.extremesupply.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/600x600/flyracing/flyracing_gloves/flyracing_gloves_kinetic.jpg

Super mil I can't see where you are located, from my phone, but I'd appreciate it if you could recommend a Jhb stockist.

Thanks, I was looking at the dirt paws but don't see them at local bike retailers if been to, is there any duty on gloves if I order from crc? Or does anyone know who stocks them in cape town?

Got mine from buycycle.co.za

+1 for Fox Dirtpaws, although all models of the Fox gloves I've ever owned have lasted ages. I won't buy any other brand.

The Dakine range has been my most comfortable, and longest lasting glove although they're hard to find. The Sentinel has tons of extra padding and still breathes well, also have their Cross X glove. I've had fox, specialized, troy lee design and Giro but these are the most comfortable and are still going almost 8 months on.

http://www.dakine.com/w/bike/gloves