Stems

Longbarn Killer

where did u buy it?

Check on www.enve.com for distributor in SA. I think its Paragontech. You can order from www.competitivecyclist.com as well if you prepared to pay. Local is lekker though for warranty. In sure any LBS who deals with Paragon can order it. Enve stem normally $265, bars $350-400.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful of the Ritchey stem......SA guys are not bringing it in so you'll have to import.....

And it fits ONLY round bars.....no "aero" road bars like Aeronova or Zipp or new Enve SES bars.....

That said, I suspect my Enve stem is going up for sale soooooon......

I have found a new fondness in MCFK......pretty sexy stuff.

I have found a new fondness in MCFK......pretty sexy stuff.

What length is the stem?

See you have a fondness for Light weight German bike parts. :thumbup:

Do McfK have a stem out yet?

What us weight weenies won't do to save a gram......

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=48926;page=1;menu=1000,4,25;mid=0;pgc=0;orderby=3

At current rates that stem will cost you a smidge over R10 000.00.

EXCLUDING Vat and transport.

I worked it out and I get 5k including Vat and transport. It's €296 including postage from Bike24, just add the VAT here. You might have clicked 2 in the basket. When you go to checkout as well if you choose South Africa it subtracts the EU tax.

Edited by Cippo

I can source one for you if you like, just PM me with details and I'll get you a price.

my wife said no :thumbdown:

Edited by stokstyf

• 4 months later...

Agreed. The stem carries all that levered force between your bike and your bars. If you find yourself in a situation where your bars are no longer connected to your bike it's going to get ugly very quickly.

I'd definitely prefer having a properly engineered piece of kit there when I'm barreling down a hill rather than the cheapest one I could find.

I am looking for a 70mm MTB stem with a 6 degree rise, the KCNC Team Issue is the only one I have found, the comments around their strength is worrying me though, are they that bad?

I am looking for a 70mm MTB stem with a 6 degree rise, the KCNC Team Issue is the only one I have found, the comments around their strength is worrying me though, are they that bad?

Not sure about their stems but I have had 2 KCNC seatpost clamps break. No such problems with Hope but considerably heavier though.

a 5 or 7 degree rise will make almost no difference to the height of the bars at 70 mm. If my maths are correct, there will be a 1.2mm height difference at 70 mm going up to a 7 degree rise.

At 7 degrees i would look at the Funn Stryge stem from performance bikes. R 290 for (in my opinion) a good looking stem

Mainly confidence... I'd rather have a stem that's machined from a single piece of x-rayed billet (Thomson) than one that's cast and then machined with less than ideal quality control (KCNC). It's strength in a place I'm unwilling to compromise on.

There are plenty in between that are perfectly good - BBB, Truvativ etc.

Also it looks cooler and has less pointy bits to hit your squishy bits on should you dismount into it.

Just my R0.02...

Oh, and mine was closer to R 1.5k than R 2.5k, but I get your point. It's a lot. But like a King headset, you'll only ever need to buy one.

Until you decide to go from a 100mm one to a 70mm long one :-)

Edited by RichieT

Until you decide to go from a 100mm one to a 70mm long one :-)

You'd never catch me on a 100mm stem though, so I'm safe there...