Is this inverted shock going to take off?

braailegend

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manitou has it as well as does the Lefty from Cannondale. In my opinion you would have to go to a very solid front axle (20mm) to make this stick. Very much in the lines of a motorcycle. I would love it. No more lubing of your stanchions because the oil lies on the dust seal all the time. Would make for a smoother ride I would think.

LOL, they could at least get a photoshop pro to doctor the image for them.

Rockshox released 3 different photos over the last few days. The one above was pasted together.

These are the three photos with a little space between them.

post-4006-1395372198,1123.jpg

Hope they build it. Upside down forks are way better. Since thru axle have become he norm theres no more issues with retaining stiffness. Been riding an upside down fork for 14 years and love it.

Hope they build it. Upside down forks are way better. Since thru axle have become he norm theres no more issues with retaining stiffness. Been riding an upside down fork for 14 years and love it.

post us some pics please

Both DVO and X-Fusion are turning the fork world upside down with new offerings, and the word on the street has a major player about to join the inverted party as well...up is the new down in 2014!

post-33015-0-69032200-1395395935_thumb.jpg

What advantages are there to having the fork "upside down"?

I'd say stiffness would be one of them. The lowers ("uppers" in this case I suppose) are bound to be stiffer than the stanchions, and also the movement is happening lower down.

Lighter as there's no arch.

Possibly smoother as well as the seals and stanchions are better lubricated in this position like camelman says.