(Update) Absa Cape Epic: Evans and Knox penalised for unfair advantage

News bot

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@kevinevansracin: -@Bicycling_SA @AbsaCapeEpic Scott Factory Racing SA have protested that I cut a 5m switchback which we are in the process of appealing.

Kevans just tweeted that Scott lodged the protest & they cut 5m of track

So, it was the second placed team in the "africa" competition? Oh, well, go read my previous post. You go beukes and heyns. I wish you all the luck I can summon up for you.

Was the alleged shortcut within the boundaries of the route ? I am assuming that the route isn't continuously taped ?

Just trying to think to myself that if it was a 5m "shortcut" then its more cutting the corner than taking a shortcut. And if so, then isn't that line choice more than deliberate cheating?

Havent seen the footage so working on a lot of assumptions

Pipe down. Wait for the press release. There's more to it than just touching a water bottle.

Manners are important........The list is growing for this team.

Edited by Sworks20

Likely scenario (I think) - appeal is heard, penalty is halved but Scott loses African jersey to Bell & Kleinhans.

Happy Birthday Max

Likely scenario (I think) - appeal is heard, penalty is halved but Scott loses African jersey to Bell & Kleinhans.

Happy Birthday Max

So, I'm confused, this page: http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/cape-epic-2014/stage-4/results

would have beukes and heyns (from scott - who seem to have been sore losers and complained like little children) in second, so surely they would inherit the lead? Where do you get the RECM guys benefiting from this dumbasseddness?

Can I say this.. but all this about 5m is bloody childish. . 5km./10km yes fine that's cheating.. but 5m ag no man.

Lance went off road during that one tdf and was commended for great handling skills.. (yes I know he isn't a good example)

Edited by Gen

So, it was the second placed team in the "africa" competition? Oh, well, go read my previous post. You go beukes and heyns. I wish you all the luck I can summon up for you.

Get the correct facts. Beukes and Heyns were 5 minutes ahead when this happened. The incident was witnessed by a group of riders including Oli. When they called him he swore at them. It was not 5 meters. That is what I heard. Believe what you will.

So, I'm confused, this page: http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/cape-epic-2014/stage-4/results

would have beukes and heyns (from scott - who seem to have been sore losers and complained like little children) in second, so surely they would inherit the lead? Where do you get the RECM guys benefiting from this dumbasseddness?

Correct - I'm saying that Scott will be in the jersey tomorrow but Bell & Kleinhans will catch & overtake them during the remainder of the race and will win the African jersey.

Can I say this.. but all this about 5m is bloody childish. . 5km./10km yes fine that's cheating.. but 5m ag no man.

Lance went off road during that one tdf and was commended for great handling skills.. (yes I know he isn't a good example)

No, in this instance, lance is a perfect example. He probably shaved more than 5 meters off the route. Good thinking there.

Again, my point of silly little saffa "pros" versus the rest of the world. can't win on the road, so look for anything to get an advantage.

No-one complained at lance, same as no-one complained at sauser in the prologue.

Edited by Cellar

Get the correct facts. Beukes and Heyns were 5 minutes ahead when this happened. The incident was witnessed by a group of riders including Oli. When they called him he swore at them. It was not 5 meters. That is what I heard. Believe what you will.

seems like you too have a grudge.

he's posts had questions marks. but now you have told us what happended. thanks for clearing it up...

Sad, never knew KE to a tjop .... all based on what you said