(Update) Absa Cape Epic: Evans and Knox penalised for unfair advantage

News bot

When Sauser/Stander got their penalty they took their punishment and carried on with a fighting spirit going for stage wins, why did and Evans/Knox not do similar.

Shows what they are / were made of....also why they raced at the level they did. I think Buys learned alot this past week...and his ability. Goooo phil

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The team (yes and unfortunately when one team member vents on a social media they all get associated with that one person) handled it badly.. Yes KE messed up, but I think Bridgette's comments were out of line. It's normally during tough times that one's character shows, and unfortunately her choice words put her in a very negative light.

I know she obviously feels strongly about it, but keep it to yourself then, don't go on twitter and vent. And I understand that emotions are running wild, but they are management, she should be professional about it.

I also think that the Field's although they are friends with the team, wont be too happy with the negative publicity.

It's sad, because of discussing other aspects of the Epic, this topic is seemingly never going to end.

Perhaps during stage 9 they all made peace. One can always hope.

This lady should rather keep her mouth shut, always has so much to say. They won the jersey outright and Fedgroup never and if Waylon never pulled out due to illness, they would of won it.

The team has such a dark cloud on them for so many reasons. When they finished no one was there other than Bridgette to see them. No fans congratulated them or anything. They stood around looking honestly lost. It was actually rather sad but at the same time a telling sign of what people thought. Once Scott, Cannondale, ToPeak etc came through the finish area people were shouting and screaming.

That summed it all up for me.

I would say that judging by her twitter profile picture, she rather fancies herself ;)

Ok, so mostly everyone agrees on a Friday on the hub for the 1st time ever. MK sorry bud your partner messed up, KE not cool dude but these things happen so Live and learn, like Andrew says everyone will think twice next time.

After watching the interview with Kevin broadcasted on Supersport I must admit the he didn't seem remorseful and kind of ticked me off.

I note Bridgette has subsequently removed all her negative post/remarks off twitter.

Just a pity it's a case of "te laat, te laat, te laat".

I note Bridgette has subsequently removed all her negative post/remarks off twitter.

Yea. Once its on the interwebs, its there to stay....smacks of sour grapes.

When Sauser/Stander got their penalty they took their punishment and carried on with a fighting spirit going for stage wins, why did and Evans/Knox not do similar.

oh well.. it is done now.. like I said.. maybe they all made peace and kissed and made up.. it's is more likely bugging the Hubbers more than them and everyone directly involved.

If's and but's don't matter. For the sake of SA mtb I hope they put it behind them as soon as possible as we only have a handful of top class mtbers and what a sad day it would be if they can't get past it..

Sorry dud post earlier.

Scotty,

Perhaps because there wasnt 25 pages on the hub about people how people wrote them off and lost all their respect for them?

The hub will be the hub and judgements clouded by personal preference. YES I am obviously for KE, but am asking you to look at the actual event with a bit of insight.

What the big haters seem to miss was not that KE was trying to gain time or position, but that the outcasts were playing a roll in the race by blocking riders behind them and possibly being split off from a bunch in front, it was a singletrack climb, If you know anything about racing you'll know this is where gaps happen, not on flat dirt roads... so the point isnt that he gapped fair playing riders in the "race" the point was he was trying to get back to "the race"..

Scott would obviously have sour grapes, they then had to sit behind the slower outcasts, and they were fighting for the jersy.

No one knows what was going on just before the "clip".. Kevin was obviously getting irritated, you can hear/see it in the clip. Who knows how long this went on for? He states there might even have been some blocking going on, which we have no evidence of being true or not true.

The guys claiming they lost their last respect after the Soundcloud clip..why?? For five shakes, Did they post a clip of "KE appologising" no!! So why are some peeps claiming they lost final respect because it seems theres "im so sorry please forgive me"??

Sorry dud post earlier.

Scotty,

Perhaps because there wasnt 25 pages on the hub about people how people wrote them off and lost all their respect for them?

The hub will be the hub and judgements clouded by personal preference. YES I am obviously for KE, but am asking you to look at the actual event with a bit of insight.

What the big haters seem to miss was not that KE was trying to gain time or position, but that the outcasts were playing a roll in the race by blocking riders behind them and possibly being split off from a bunch in front, it was a singletrack climb, If you know anything about racing you'll know this is where gaps happen, not on flat dirt roads... so the point isnt that he gapped fair playing riders in the "race" the point was he was trying to get back to "the race"..

Scott would obviously have sour grapes, they then had to sit behind the slower outcasts, and they were fighting for the jersy.

No one knows what was going on just before the "clip".. Kevin was obviously getting irritated, you can hear/see it in the clip. Who knows how long this went on for? He states there might even have been some blocking going on, which we have no evidence of being true or not true.

The guys claiming they lost their last respect after the Soundcloud clip..why?? For five shakes, Did they post a clip of "KE appologising" no!! So why are some peeps claiming they lost final respect because it seems theres "im so sorry please forgive me"??

3 holes in your argument

1...he didn't only gap outcasts in his "move"

2...he was behind them in the singletrack meaning he was sitting on their wheels and drafting, but then they werent an issue. So he benefited from them when it suited him.

3...he wasnt sorry in his tv statement...he just stated what happened.

His outcast argument holds no water...

Sorry dud post earlier.

Scotty,

I have not passed judgement on their leadup actions, merely stating that they appeared to roll over and give up. If i was as talented and KE or MK i would have ridden the remaining stages in a blaze, if they feel wronged by the Scott team (rightly or wrongly) what better way than to stick it to them.

Sorry dud post earlier.

Scotty,

OK, I will bite. Why would the outcasts team up against KE or his team? Conspiracy theory?

Don't these flippen people EVER learn...you cannot totally undo anything that was broadcasted via social media!!....childish & foolish!!

3 holes in your argument

1...he didn't only gap outcasts in his "move"

2...he was behind them in the singletrack meaning he was sitting on their wheels and drafting, but then they werent an issue. So he benefited from them when it suited him.

3...he wasnt sorry in his tv statement...he just stated what happened.

His outcast argument holds no water...

1. sure, I can not make out who It was, video not clear enough, please let me know where one can see this better. Im just stating what he said as it seems to be overlooked.

2. not sure what youre getting at?

3. My point is, Im my opinion he was asked to give a report of what happened, his side of the story, not to say sorry..

All Im saying here is that there is no evidence of what else might have happened here. And that there is sense in what he was saying. If the group ahead of him did contain some "non players" who was potentially holding up a bunch of guys.

@Talus, Im just stating that without more evidence im not sure why everyone seems to just assume his (KE) account of what happened was a lie and he took the gap with Intent to cheat and be a Idiot.

As it stood fedgroup Itec and ScottFactoryRacing where battling for top honors in the African jersey.

Now as typed by yourself above you say Scott had to sit behind the slower outcasts.

So in essence you agree that fedgroup Itec did get an advantage with their little detour as Scott was stuck behind slower outcasts.