(Update) Absa Cape Epic: Evans and Knox penalised for unfair advantage

News bot

Neil MacDonald ‏on twitter: Seems to be double standards in this race after some bull**** penalties. Dropped a wrapper by mistake 1hr penalty!

Being a professional means that you do everything to eliminate mistakes so I guess it's back to the drawing board for you my boy!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you drop a wrapper by mistake? Hahaha, ok let's say it was a mistake then turn around & go pick it up? There is this one "decorated" roadie in SV's I'm still going to catch out lekker one day when I ride with my go pro, every single race he pretends to reach for bottle & deliberately "drops" the wrapper. Oh & I don't do or say anything cause I'm a coward but will take it to authorities once I can prove it. I hope you reading this so it doesn't come to that.

After watching the video, I have to say, hell man, mountain biking sucks balls. All strung out in a long line and you can only go as fast as the slowest bloke at the head of the line, and there is no place to overtake. And I can only imagine how it must suck even more at the plonker end of the field.

That said, and reading the comments regarding the rules, this Evans bloke is a complete idiot.

Apparently this is unconfirmed. The situation with Brandon and bottles has been dropped. He was reported by a journalist or photographer if I remember correctly but when asked to identify Brandon he could not, even though Brandon was right next to him I heard. Oh and it was definitely not R150 000 it was a 1000 Swiss Franks which comes to R11947.60 I think this is a standard or minimum fine?

How do you drop a wrapper by mistake? Hahaha, ok let's say it was a mistake then turn around & go pick it up? There is this one "decorated" roadie in SV's I'm still going to catch out lekker one day when I ride with my go pro, every single race he pretends to reach for bottle & deliberately "drops" the wrapper. Oh & I don't do or say anything cause I'm a coward but will take it to authorities once I can prove it. I hope you reading this so it doesn't come to that.

mw?

I believe Evans's intention.

However, it does not excempt him from having broken a rule.

Overtaking other riders, even if they're tortoises, is part of the race.

Like F1 racers navigating their way after lapping other drivers.

Brandon Stewart today got handed a R150 000 fine for handing the team bottles when he isn't allowed to be involved with the team. I heard this news from the race village.

This is also B sh*t

After watching the video, I have to say, hell man, mountain biking sucks balls. All strung out in a long line and you can only go as fast as the slowest bloke at the head of the line, and there is no place to overtake. And I can only imagine how it must suck even more at the plonker end of the field.

That being said, these guys know the route, they need to plan better to not be in the wrong place at the wrong time so as not to get caught in bottlenecks....perhaps if Evans and his partner rode a bit faster earlier on, they would have headed that long line of riders going up the singletrack instead of being stuck behind them.

I do however believe that a 60 minute penalty is a bit harsh. In the position these riders face themselves where mere minutes could separate the leaders from those behind, especially in the pro elite categories, a 30 minute penalty could have been harsh enough but still kept the team penalised with enough of a chance to actually make up the time and kept the race interesting.

The only riders I could see in front of Evans were guys ahead of them in GC, except for the RECM rider Knox went past. Sauser and Rabon's short cut in the Prologue looked like everyone else before them already made a "new" path through there, why didn't anyone make an apeal within 2 hours then, looks like plenty riders cut that small part of the corner?

How do you know it wasnt?? Seems like you a fanboy of Kevin here.

sorry Sworks20 but did you not crack the nod to ride for Fedgroupitec???

Get a life bud and post some meaningful comments

look we all have cut a corner at some point to pass a slow poke....but we are not pro's and its not an international event

as for Bridget Min swearing at some oke...yeah..I can see that

As for the fine for dropping a bottle...yes...but then fine everyone who was littering

seems someone in the fedgroup team has pissed someone in the epic organisation committee off BIG TIME