Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall I say more than others before me? You've been here all along, Jack - are your reading and understanding skills suffering there in Schweitzland?

Umm uhhh yeah I would like to claim that my understanding of engleeesh is suffering, instead I will just admit to not reading every single page and posting.

And yes I did make the wrong ASSumption, please accept my humble apologies

Here's the important bit:

Andrew: “They said that I knew all along that it was a grey import.”

Devi : “ Is that true? Did you know that it was a grey import?”

Andrew: “No, I didn’t know. If it was a grey import, I would have kept it – because as long as it was a genuine Pinarello, or genuine Swiss DT wheels. But the fact is that there was nothing genuine about it. It was all fake.”

My apologies. I thought it was known to be a grey import. :blush:

The point I was trying to make is that it is not ASG's problem to solve as some have been intimating.

No worries Macca.

Re your last point:

From a commercial perspective, ASG have a duty to assist the OP though, imho. He made the original CS purchase in good faith (as most of us do), and then purchased a further Pina frame when he was informed he had been duped.

The distributors of Swiss DT wheels have an equal duty. The OP has heightened awareness of these brands significantly, and shown loyalty throughout. It's in both their interests to ensure this unpleasantness is resolved without delay, to restore the integrity of their respective markets.

Whats a new Dogma retail for?? I see there is a second hand one in classified section going for R100 000. Surely AA must realise that for R91 000 (R10k cheaper than 2nd hand) that something is off?? just saying!

question has been answered many times over. these bikes range in price from R100K to R200K new dependign on the wheels and groupset with finishing kit selected.

And not everyone sits on theHub Classifieds trolling for the lowest price and then uses that to leverage a new bike from a retailer.believe it or not, there are people who walk into a bike shop and ask for what they want and then leave it to the shop to deliver. believe it or not there are trusting people in the world who focus their attention on the ability to earn an honest living and not spend their bandwidth populating spreadsheets on bicycle parts costing and purchases. Thos that do are in two categories, Obssessive compulsive and ":works for a cycle distributor"

No worries Macca.

Re your last point:

From a commercial perspective, ASG have a duty to assist the OP though, imho. He made the original CS purchase in good faith (as most of us do), and then purchased a further Pina frame when he was informed he had been duped.

The distributors of Swiss DT wheels have an equal duty. The OP has heightened awareness of these brands significantly, and shown loyalty throughout. It's in both their interests to ensure this unpleasantness is resolved without delay, to restore the integrity of their respective markets.

I'd (respectfully) disagree. - to an extent. The agents can't be held responsible for the acts of (dare I say it?) criminals. They did what was required by confirming the parts are fake, but apart from that, IMHO, their duty ends.

Where I do agree is that this would be an excellent opportunity for them to build their brand by helping people who have been conned to get onto real Pinarellos. Even if (according to Robbie) they won't be able to tell the difference...

The agents can't be held responsible for the acts of (dare I say it?) criminals.

No need to be tentative re CS, they're criminals, criminals, CRIMINALS :lol:

Guest EdEdEd

Devi: “Why are you selling fakes?”

John Fitzsimmons (Owner: Cycle Science): “We don’t, we don’t even stock them – they’re requested from us…

Devi: “Why did you say you’ll do it? Why are you even dealing in fake anything?”

John: “Some people want a look-alike.”

Robbie Gallinetti (Owner: Cycle Science): “Some people want a look-alike, but can’t afford to pay the price.”

Devi: “Then they mustn’t buy it then.”

Robbie: “Tell them that!”

How retarded is this oke!

This thread is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yesterday, please can we talk about some current affairs?!?!

This thread is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yesterday, please can we talk about some current affairs?!?!

wrong forum, google says Craigslist, ashley madison or russianbrides are more appropriate for that sort of banter. Goodluck

Guest EdEdEd

That pinarello is currently fake! current enough!

Why contribute today, if it's "so yesterday"?

There are many other threads and topics available, stick to those if you don't like this one. Better yet, start your own.

I wonder? Does AA's heart sink every time he gets an sms and its not a deposit confirmation from CS?

edit: spelling

Edited by KenG

I wonder? Does AA's heart sink every time he gets an sms and its not a deposit confirmation from CS?

edit: spelling

I'd be surprised if he does get a refund. Typically companies try this sort of scam when their cash flow is 'problematical'.

On the topic of safety... My GT Mountain bike frame has a crack in it, at the seat post. I know of this, and the bike is especially fine now. In fact, the crack made it better. So although there is on sight self a finer weave on the outside, it may be for finishing purposes. You have to cut the frame up for closer inspection. Perhaps even a stress test.

With that said, maybe some people just need to grow a pair. How do you expect to buy a 160k bike at under 100k?!? If there is smoke, there is a fire.

Paying 90k for fake everything... Well, see that as punishment for trying to pull a very obvious fast one!

Whats a new Dogma retail for?? I see there is a second hand one in classified section going for R100 000. Surely AA must realise that for R91 000 (R10k cheaper than 2nd hand) that something is off?? just saying!

"Just saying!" You say ?

Just saying you know next to nothing about bicycles or the pricing of top end rides.

"Whats (there should be an apostrophe in there) a new Dogma retail for??" You ask.

Well, that is an ignorant question. It is like asking what a 3 Series BMW sells for. M3 or 320?

320 Basic, or with all the options ?

The question should read "what is the frame built up with, and what wheels are on it?" And then only ask what it may retail for.

So a Dogma with Record would be much cheaper than the same frame with Super Record. A super record bike with DT swiss wheels, much cheaper than a record equiped bike with Lightweight wheels. Both would be more expensive if built with Enve build kit.

See how meaningless your question is?

Edited by eddy