Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

I have a question, why would you have a brand new 40K frame resprayed? Surely that will any warranty null & void.

LOTS OF PEOPLE SPRAY BIKES cause they cant get the one they want,and are willing to waive the warranty

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned in a post yesterday, that I was offered a parallel import S Works frame. The price was R 20 000. No mention of fake, but parallel import.

Cycle Science is clearly not above board, and I will no longer buy from them.

We never get an invoice from them, as they add up the items on a calculator and charge credit card. Never thought much of it till now.

So after a couple of us were torched for simply suggesting that ("maybe") there are some undisclosed aspects to this entire sage.... it now "seems" that the OP is probably not as squeaky clean as others would have suggested.

1. Did he know he was getting a "Replica" - and did he actually ask for a Replica? Because it does change things if they sold him an unbranded frame, and then he commissioned the replica paint and decals.

2. This does make one wonder why, if he actually was sold a FAKE (100% unbeknownst to him), why would he be happy to keep the group set and some bits and settle for just returning the frame and some other parts?

3. Also... was the invoice specifically requested by the OP to state "DOGMA", perhaps so that he can have insurance cover, etc? Who knows?

4. Just a comment for interest sake - even though ASG might be appointed as the exclusive distri for the territory, they cannot simply act on behalf of Pina without explicit instruction and powers to protect their IP/Brand/Trademarks, etc. The original owner has to act or explicitly cede this to the distributor.

5. I mentioned in one of my posts that the OP simply registered on thehub the day of the first post - who knows, maybe he was advised or it was suggested to him by someone or a company or another party, who might have a vested interest in the saga to do so?

6. It's funny to me that the OP actually now owns a Fake and a Grey, because strictly speaking the bike he purchased in Aus would be considered grey here?

7. Lastly, it's really funny to me how many people on this thread have A LOT to say about counterfeit aspect, but how many of them actually download/share movie and series without even blinking an eye or thinking twice. There is no difference to this, piracy and counterfeit is rather close in my opinion.

8. You see many people taking off the 318i/320i badge of their shiney new BMW and put a kit/mags/options etc on, and then sticking on a M-bage, etc. Also similar in my books, it's FAKE, isn't it?

* AND JUST SO THAT WE ARE CLEAR: I don't know the OP, I don't know the SHOP, I have absolute no connection or involvement in this matter. I don't have replica frames or bikes, I don't sell them or promote them.

I've simply just from the start wondered about the OP's agenda and what other aspects there are to the saga...

Just personal opinion, you don't have to like it.

We all know there are 2 sides to every story and it would be remiss of Cycle Science not to muddy the water and try to insinuate all is not as it seems and that the other party is involved or in part to blame, if not cast dispersions as to there being an actual claim!!

As for AA registering and posting, I believe he did it in the best interest of the cycling community to let them know that this practice is happening and maybe happening throughout the community.

Being his first post and knowing it will open a can of worms, not only in the social media, but also with regard to any legal case that may come of it. Am sure he considered long and hard before posting as this will affect whether he will get compensation and now fight any legal battle with regard to slander of reputation, am sure he did not do it lightly without considering the implications.

A lot of the questions raised am sure would have been answered by himself and his legal team before posting and opening the can of worms that we now have.

Cycle Science Reply to Armstrongs letters on Hub

1. On advice from our Counsel we shall not respond substantively to the content of your posting across social media platforms including Cycle Hub and Facebook on 01 April 2014 at this stage and not doing so shall in no way either be construed as an admission of the content or a waiver of our right to reply substantively in the appropriate forum should this become necessary, which right is strictly reserved.

bla bla bla bla bla

Hey china, we are not a cycle hub

I put it to you... we are THE HUB

get it right

I mentioned in a post yesterday, that I was offered a parallel import S Works frame. The price was R 20 000. No mention of fake, but parallel import.

Cycle Science is clearly not above board, and I will no longer buy from them.

We never get an invoice from them, as they add up the items on a calculator and charge credit card. Never thought much of it till now.

whahahaha....so they sell fakes as grey's....and use that then as a defensive.."well we told you it was a parallel import".....good luck to them

Edited by rouxtjie

I assume you immediately report it to customs when one of your CRC purchases comes in and your nifty new disco shoes manage to sneak through without duty?

I always pay the correct duty and vat, one of the few that still has respect for the law.

ok that sounded a little "on my high horse".....

But I'm sure Our Honorable Most Excellent President Zuma (spit) expresses his sincere gratitide in your valuable contribution to the Nkandla fund. Viva!

:devil:

41000 Views :thumbup: :clap:

I'd LOVE to quantify that into lost business, I put it to you it's incalculable!

Edited by Brogue

not to be funny, but I'd like to see a pic of the fake DT wheels, for interest sake, as well as the genuine Aussie grey import Pina.......they still are pretty hot bikes.......

Hey, attention back on cycle science please :whistling:

I'm still stuck on your imported disco shoes, how much did you pay for them? :ph34r:

Hey china, we are not a cycle hub

I put it to you... we are THE HUB

get it right

Exactly, have a little RESPECT for the judges, jury and executioners Chaana :cursing: