Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Saying that the customer knew they were fakes doesn't fly. If you sell a customer a fake and he knows that's what he is buying then you put it down on paper and make him sign it to make sure there are no come backs.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parlee Z-Zero frame

Campag Super Record EPS

Lightweight Fernweg wheels

Enve buildkit

That will give you about a 6.5kg bike that will cost south of R200k

Like your thinking.

My dream bike.

Colnago C59 Disk

Campagnolo EPS Super Record

Formula Hydraulic Brakes

Campagnolo SRM Crank

Lightweight Meilenstein Obermayer Wheels

Enve/3T Ltd Components

R300 000.00 plus

Now swop the frame for a Cervelo R5 CA and that figure hits 350k and this is all over the counter components. What till you see the prices of custom sub 4kg bikes:blink:

What a *** place to find yourself in. I bet these boys never started their business intending to rip people off. Probably sitting wondering how they started on the slippery slope from cutting a few corners to completely losing their integrity and cashing in on the trust that was placed in them.

Just like a lot infact most failures, GREED.

Like you say, starts with passion, then becomes GREED, and in their case ARROGANCE as well.

Wonder how this must make Honest bike shop owners feel. As much as we say these guys should get whats coming to there, cycling has lost again.

But hopefully this negativity will only spark positive results.... All those other shops doing this, will be thinking long and hard!

Hi Andrew, I'm new to the area, and was looking at that bike shop to take my trusty steed to for a wash and repair.

Thank you for your 'hardship' you've endured, cause now I won't be using CS for sure!!

Will see you all on the road!! (After I wash my bike myself!)

Debbie was hysterical and did not give john and Robbie a chance. I know them well and and have always had honest and ethical service.sounds like sour grapes to me

You my friend are an idiot, you do realise your first post on yhe hub is in defense of 2 people that admitted guilt, the hub has been alive with this topic for over a week now.

Would be an interesting cell. Nobody wants to go and have a piss, sleep on the ground or buy anything from the others.

Statement of the year, had to put my beer down to stop from spilling it I was laughing so hard

The funniest thing is that they gave CB "Colin's" number, he knew it was fake, but when they called him, he said no, the owner nearly fell through his own poephol, when he heard that.

Reminds me of that game show "Who wants to be a Millionaire?".......made the wrong choice between two options - fake or original.....first oopsie........the audience (aka THE HUB) indicated "NO, NOT ON", but they followed their own heads.......second oopsie........and finally......phone a friend (Colin)........third oopsie........!

YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK........GOOD BYE!!!!!!!

Edited by BarHugger

ooooh. Now THIS could get interesting. Weaker weave my ass.

Only difference is that Pina probably use a bi-directional weave with a certain strand thickness as a standard setup in their top-most layer. Chinarello does a slightly different weave.

Pinarello use Torayca 65HM1K carbon."When referring to 65HM we are referring to a fiber with a tensile modulus of 65 tons per square centimeter. When we refer to 1K it means that there are 1000 fibers per strand." So a 1K weave with 65ton tensile strength.

Edited by Spoke101

I watched carte blanche and I felt really sorry for these guys..

Their worlds as they currently know them are going to be totally destroyed..people working for them too..

Their business without a doubt is going to go down in flames all suppliers are going to question their integrity and credit limits/terms are going to be reviewed..their families and the lives of many innocent people associated with cycle science either directly or indirectly are going to be adversely affected..

Look I have been following the comments and realize the need to expose the store for misleading and defrauding their customers..but for many of us on the hub in a month this will be forgotten while many innocent will only begin to live the true extent of the aftermath.

So please spare a thought for them

I watched carte blanche and I felt really sorry for these guys..

Their worlds as they currently know them are going to be totally destroyed..people working for them too..

Their business without a doubt is going to go down in flames all suppliers are going to question their integrity and credit limits/terms are going to be reviewed..their families and the lives of many innocent people associated with cycle science either directly or indirectly are going to be adversely affected..

Look I have been following the comments and realize the need to expose the store for misleading and defrauding their customers..but for many of us on the hub in a month this will be forgotten while many innocent will only begin to live the true extent of the aftermath.

So please spare a thought for them

We could spare a thought to them.

But what are they gonna do to make the situation better. I never watched the clip. I don't know these guys to pass my own judgement. But based solely on what hubbers(should we trust 'em) have said, these are not only people with no loyalty, they are arrogant as well.

They should, get forgiveness from those affected, make right the wrong they did, and prove they won't do it again.... Then I'm with you on thoughts

Necessity, remorse, repentance vs greed, arrogance, steadfastness........?

Summarized my post, thanks!!!

Trying to post a link to a tweet. Guess you all watched a bit on Carte Blanche. I missed it, but sounds like those guys are toast.

Are the "fake" or simply illegally imported?

Edited by Francois Pienaar

Trying to post a link to a tweet. Guess you all watched a bit on Carte Blanche. I missed it, but sounds like those guys are toast.

Are the "fake" or simply illegally imported?

Please read read the thread before a lynch mob forms...

Asked and answered about a hundred times already. Fake not grey, or any other colour. Fake, knock offs, copies, rip offs, chinese carbon. Call it what you want but not the real thing.