Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

The silence by the bike shop is deafening

I ASKED A FEW PAGES BACK ANYONE deal with them and can say they are happy, normally you get a few "loyal" customers stepping up for there LBS explaining on behalf of the bike shop

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The silence by the bike shop is deafening

They scared of getting faked up

Especially if the invoice says pinarello dogma

Edited by SwissVan

They scared of getting faked up

Especially if the invoice says pinarello dogma

can you imagine thats what the invoice says,,,,,,,,,,,HKGK

I ASKED A FEW PAGES BACK ANYONE deal with them and can say they are happy, normally you get a few "loyal" customers stepping up for there LBS explaining on behalf of the bike shop

No one wants to admit to spending money on counterfeit bikes or supporting someone who sells them

When i finally got my dream frame id been lusting for it for so long i knew every inch of it before i even got my hands on it.

If it was me looking to buy a beast of a bike like a dogma - I would have the Pinarello website memorised, a picture on my desktop , have read catalogues and any and all reviews available over and over again before even picking it up from the dealer.

Must be one helluva fake - condolences to the OP, the situation really sucks.Hope u get your bucks back.

can you imagine thats what the invoice says,,,,,,,,,,,HKGK

I'm sure that's what the invoice says, otherwise the OP would be making a tit of himself coming on here and publisizing it.

" 1 x Imitation Pinarello R91 000.00 "

Thank you Sir ...

I would have a problem .... I destroy / eat / lose my slips on immediate departure from the LBS, lest I need to payback the equivalent in womans shoes or handbags ... :ph34r:

I'm sure that's what the invoice says, otherwise the OP would be making a tit of himself coming on here and publisizing it.

" 1 x Imitation Pinarello R91 000.00 "

Thank you Sir ...

I would have a problem .... I destroy / eat / lose my slips on immediate departure from the LBS, lest I need to payback the equivalent in womans shoes or handbags ... :ph34r:

TRUE EISH IM SOOORY :blush: :blush:

When i finally got my dream frame id been lusting for it for so long i knew every inch of it before i even got my hands on it.

If it was me looking to buy a beast of a bike like a dogma - I would have the Pinarello website memorised, a picture on my desktop , have read catalogues and any and all reviews available over and over again before even picking it up from the dealer.

Must be one helluva fake - condolences to the OP, the situation really sucks.Hope u get your bucks back.

there are really good BS artists working in bike shops. they could sell their own grandmother. I have seen people walk into a shop armed with information but that slaeman just turns them around and before they know it they lapping it up and walk out with a bike they didn't think they needed. A good salesman can hide those fake features easily through any of the following.

- its a slightly tweaked model for our market..

- they made a running change and this is the ver latest model

- all of last years models had that, we can discount the price a little <shuffles off to play with calculator>

Horses for courses. Neither approach is wrong. You may have more time on your hands than he does, and less cash. :whistling: His trust in Psycho Science is admirable, and it's taught us all a lesson never to take anything for granted. The only thing wrong in the OP's transaction was being duped by a hitherto "reputable" LBS. This thread has changed that, irrevocably.

Sorry to hear you got duped by your LBS Andrew. Sad state of affairs when they don't make good. In my humble opinion, by the second lawyers letter, you will have cash in the bank & a bike frame to hang up in your bike room if you so choose. Even if the Invoice says Pinarello Grey Import / Bike Grey / Anything Grey; which you have stated & confirmed it isn't; this is a slam dunk case. If you lose this one, its time to find a new lawyer...

Horses for courses. Neither approach is wrong. You may have more time on your hands than he does, and less cash. :whistling: His trust in Psycho Science is admirable, and it's taught us all a lesson never to take anything for granted. The only thing wrong in the OP's transaction was being duped by a hitherto "reputable" LBS. This thread has changed that, irrevocably.

In your line of work if he had crushed and hurt himself and damaged the bike and it was insured for x as a Pina what would the consequences be? Would he be suspected of fraud for insuring a fake as the real thing?

I think that a very good point that will further assist the direction in which the op may take...and that is what the invoice says.

If the invoice states that the bicycle purchased is a Dogma lookalike or something to that effect then by all means the op got what he bargained for. If it on the other hand states Pinarello Dogma with the matching component specs of what a normal stock standard Dogma has then I would be first in line to support the op in taking further action, be it legal, be it standing outside the shop with a banner that says they sell Chinese copies/counterfeight goods e.t.c.

Whether the Chinarello is good in itself is not the question but rather the expectation that the op had when purchasing what he thought would be the genuine article.

I would certainly take further steps if I were in a similar position ranging from:

- reporting the matter to the police and opening a fraud docket

- writing a letter to SARS highlighting my experience at said shop with regards to counterfeight goods

- writing emails to the various cycling bodies in the area ranging from the cycle clubs to the PPA equivelant to assist them in letting their member know that said store sells counterfeight goods

- Taking the matter up with the Consumer Council for the said shop being in breach of CPA policies and rules for not providing a refund in the CPA mandated time frame.

- Finally, I would take the matter further by getting lawyers involved. (I am sure that there are many lawyers who are members of the hub that would be only too willing to put on a letterhead the consequences of this proceeding to court and sending this on the the cycle shop)

In your line of work if he had crushed and hurt himself and damaged the bike and it was insured for x as a Pina what would the consequences be? Would he be suspected of fraud for insuring a fake as the real thing?

No, not at all. He trusted the retailer, we all do it everyday. I wouldn't pay the sum insured though, merely the cost of a Chinarello frame, which would leave him considerably out of pocket.

I wonder what they did about a warranty card from the manufacturer. There's always other gumph that comes with these purchases esp for R90k. Sori if this has been answered, I only read 20-odd pages.

No, not at all. He trusted the retailer, we all do it everyday. I wouldn't pay the sum insured though, merely the cost of a Chinarello frame, which would leave him considerably out of pocket.

Thats what I thought ... that would be a rude way to find out