Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Don't feel like trolling through the last 25 pages - has Cycle Science responded yet?

nope, silence on their behalf so far

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cycle Psychos are serial (not cereal) offenders. They've learnt how to make a fast buck taking shortcuts, the temptation will always be there to do it in future.

FIA - fake imports anonymous

"My name is Robbie, it has been 19 days since I imported a fake frame and fleeced a trusting customer".

Bwwhaaaa

:D

Don't feel like trolling through the last 25 pages - has Cycle Science responded yet?

Nee

I definitely don't agree with the way Cycle Science has handled this whole saga. If you do something wrong then sort it out. If its fake then its fake. And it is definitely fake! Give the guys their money back, apologise and move on. Do the right thing. Its as simple as that. The only reason why this whole situation has blown up is because they handled it wrong and now there are a lot of very angry customers. They need to sort it our quickly and apologise to their customers, the bike and component agents and the cycling community. If they don't then this scandal will tarnish their reputations for the rest of their lives just like doping did to Armstrong. The way they are handling this right now, it will not end well for them.

I see alot of people are saying that OP was sold a 'grey product'. My understanding of a 'grey product' as it applies to any goods that it is an authentic product which has been imported directly and not via an authorised distributor. A 'fake' which is a copy of a product is what was sold to the OP.

I definitely don't agree with the way Cycle Science has handled this whole saga. If you do something wrong then sort it out. If its fake then its fake. And it is definitely fake! Give the guys their money back, apologise and move on. Do the right thing. Its as simple as that. The only reason why this whole situation has blown up is because they handled it wrong and now there are a lot of very angry customers. They need to sort it our quickly and apologise to their customers, the bike and component agents and the cycling community. If they don't then this scandal will tarnish their reputations for the rest of their lives just like doping did to Armstrong. The way they are handling this right now, it will not end well for them.

100% agree here. If they had originally agreed to give the OP his money back, or even as soon as they became aware of the noise on the hub, it would have cost them the refund money and this would have all blown over already. As it stands, they are going to lose alot more business from this than R91k

I see alot of people are saying that OP was sold a 'grey product'. My understanding of a 'grey product' as it applies to any goods that it is an authentic product which has been imported directly and not via an authorised distributor. A 'fake' which is a copy of a product is what was sold to the OP.

You would think that after 36 pages the facts from the OP's side are now pretty clear but some hubbers need pikshas mate :ph34r:

Dude, this has been done to death already. We all know it was a fake that was sold.Move on. :thumbdown:

Yes refund the customers is the right way BUT what if they don't have the money to do so?

Dude, this has been done to death already. We all know it was a fake that was sold.Move on. :thumbdown:

No worries boss.

Many are attentive as this affects all of us as consumers in the market.

Cyclists are regular consumers - upgrades never ever end!

Thus, we are a vulnerable group to exploitation.

From a credibility point of view, If Cycle Science is really pushing fakes, it has implications for other shops as well.

Very valuable thread.

that is worrying? how many other shops could be doing it. I will be extremely gullable and would not be able to tell the difference if it is fake or not. So I'm actually easy picking

1. That's just nasty, do you eat with that filthy mouth? :eek: :D

2. Less customers than now, and the problems will increase

3. Illegitimate business is not sustainable business

4. Many Steve Urkels outweigh the buying power of a Nino Schurter

I doubt Nino has to buy anything cycling related. Us mortals is the target market - not the Pro's

that is worrying? how many other shops could be doing it. I will be extremely gullable and would not be able to tell the difference if it is fake or not. So I'm actually easy picking

MOST OF US ARE :eek:

Thanks for that Trackie.

Burying their heads in the sand as they are doing right now, in the forlorn hope that their angry and out of pocket clents will simply disappear, will only exacerbate their woes. The time for talk is over, actions speak louder than words.