Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my take on the situation and I could be wrong?

Ok so the OP orders the bike on the 21 November 2013?

Cycle Science then place the order with there Grey Pinarello suppliers (Factory in China)? This could be why he only got it on the beginning December 2013?

As for the 5 year warranty on components, surly a groupset falls under this? and Campagnolo only offer a 3 year warranty on electronic groupsets. So is the shop going to cover the extra 2 years? or buty components that mean all the imported fakes?

On the costing "R 37 500-00 for the bicycle (consisting of a frame (at your insistence sprayed a particular shade of black), head set, handle bars, wheels and saddle column)" Ok I get this.

Now lets do some maths R91 000.00 - R37 500.00 = R53 500.00 for "The balance of the amount paid by you was for the purchase of a Campagnolo Record (Electronic) group set (consisting of the pedal’s, crank’s, bottom bracket, bearings, front and rear derailers, chain, gear cluster, cables, chain blades and brake mechanisms), a Sella Italia saddle, tyres and tubes for the bicycle and certain related miscellaneous items."

Now this is where things don't add up. Campagnolo Record EPS Groupset R40 000.00 I see Pedals are included with the Groupset so i'm guessing they are Time Pedals? Sella Italia Saddle? This is apparently also fake, so for augments sake lets go with the real thing, lets say top of the range SLR Carbon R3 800.00 Tyres and Tubes? R1 500.00 should cover it. Now add that up and you get? R45 300.00 now R53 500.00 - R45 300.00 = R8 200.00 for miscellaneous items? and that's with out the fake Saddle which probably costs R 1 000.00. So what the heck did the OP spend R8 200.00 on or did he get taken on a ride for parts as well?

Any chance an auditor, your response looks like one of my working papers I did the other day!

Cycle Science then place the order with there Grey Pinarello suppliers (Factory in China)? This could be why he only got it on the beginning December 2013?

As for the 5 year warranty on components, surly a groupset falls under this? and Campagnolo only offer a 3 year warranty on electronic groupsets. So is the shop going to cover the extra 2 years? or buty components that mean all the imported fakes?

On the costing "R 37 500-00 for the bicycle (consisting of a frame (at your insistence sprayed a particular shade of black), head set, handle bars, wheels and saddle column)" Ok I get this.

Now lets do some maths R91 000.00 - R37 500.00 = R53 500.00 for "The balance of the amount paid by you was for the purchase of a Campagnolo Record (Electronic) group set (consisting of the pedal’s, crank’s, bottom bracket, bearings, front and rear derailers, chain, gear cluster, cables, chain blades and brake mechanisms), a Sella Italia saddle, tyres and tubes for the bicycle and certain related miscellaneous items."

Now this is where things don't add up. Campagnolo Record EPS Groupset R40 000.00 I see Pedals are included with the Groupset so i'm guessing they are Time Pedals? Sella Italia Saddle? This is apparently also fake, so for augments sake lets go with the real thing, lets say top of the range SLR Carbon R3 800.00 Tyres and Tubes? R1 500.00 should cover it. Now add that up and you get? R45 300.00 now R53 500.00 - R45 300.00 = R8 200.00 for miscellaneous items? and that's with out the fake Saddle which probably costs R 1 000.00. So what the heck did the OP spend R8 200.00 on or did he get taken on a ride for parts as well?

Fake wheels!

Doesn't matter how many ways you try and look at it, it will not add up. Because it's all bull***t. The lie can never add up to resemble truth.

91k was "inclusive" of VAT, the 37.5k frame price is probably exclusive. The dodgy spray job probably also isn't included, which accounts for part or all of the shortfall. My meds are kicking in, don't feel like doing math after school :whistling:

To clear up the paint job on the frame the OP requested Black on Black which is a legitimate Pinarello Dogma frame color otherwise known as (746 BoB).

So I think the Frame was ordered from Wherever Cycle Science get this stuff from with this Frame color right from the start. (It was sprayed in the factory in China where it was produced.)

So I don't think it has been resprayed locally.

Any chance an auditor, your response looks like one of my working papers I did the other day!

Sorry to disappoint but no. Just like crunching numbers. :whistling:

Sorry to disappoint but no. Just like crunching numbers. :whistling:

You still getting your 'grey' and 'fake' mixed up, the diffs has been explained a few times here

You still getting your 'grey' and 'fake' mixed up, the diffs has been explained a few times here

How so?

What a story...so far.

Anybody else from the Hub buy a fake unknowingly from CS?

Cycle Science Reply to Armstrongs letters on Hub

1. On advice from our Counsel we shall not respond substantively to the content of your posting across social media platforms including Cycle Hub and Facebook on 01 April 2014 at this stage and not doing so shall in no way either be construed as an admission of the content or a waiver of our right to reply substantively in the appropriate forum should this become necessary, which right is strictly reserved.

Please share the link so that I can share it with my friends on Facebook, who in turn will share it with their friends on Facebook - a la Cafe Roubaix.

Thank you very much :thumbup:

To clear up the paint job on the frame the OP requested Black on Black which is a legitimate Pinarello Dogma frame color otherwise known as (746 BoB).

So I think the Frame was ordered from Wherever Cycle Science get this stuff from with this Frame color right from the start. (It was sprayed in the factory in China where it was produced.)

So I don't think it has been resprayed locally.

I'm not so sure about that Spoke. A standard factory colour can't be considered a "respray" by the factory, and the lawyer's letter (assuming it was a lawyer that wrote it) makes far too big a deal about it. I reckon it may just have been sprayed locally. I wouldn't put anything past Cycle Psychos, it appears they're capable of anything to make a quick buck.

Anyway, as I said earlier, the VAT component and spray job may account for the shortfall you're looking for.

What's " Cycle Hub"? That CRC thing I keep getting spammed about?

I think 'Cycle Hub' is supposed to be us - thehubsa?

CRC = Chain Reaction Cycles?

Please share the link so that I can share it with my friends on Facebook, who in turn will share it with their friends on Facebook - a la Cafe Roubaix.

Thank you very much :thumbup:

They closed down their Facebook page yesterday, if you go to their website, your will see a Facebook link at the top right, click on it and it just goes to www.facebook.com

Sort of says something doesn't it...

You seem to have forgotten the fake wheels the bike is supposed to roll on ...