Indoor trainer

Anyone have experience with the CycleOps Power Beam Pro & the Tacx Bushido indoor trainers? Trying to make a choice between the two.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the Tacx Trainer range is very software dependent.

you need a very high specced pc to use it.

the PowerBeam not so.

I use the Powerbeam Pro with virtual training.

Virtual training quite cool as you can download all the 'big names climbs' and stages of races and ride with the RU unit feeding back resistance of course as you ride.

Have done couple of 100km idt sessions which I NEVE EVER would have done on normal trainer!

Gives you some interaction with ability to have very specific workouts.

What is the best trainer money can buy? Has Tacx sorted out their software?

My money.....wattbike pro....there is one in the classifieds, quickly go and get it :w00t:

Just below that I would probably go with a wahoo kickr....purely because its future proof and platform agnostic.

Wattbike

Should be go halfies on the one in the classifieds....dibs on it standing at my house for the first 6 months :whistling:

http://www.tacx.com/...rainers/ironman

What do you think of this?

The software looks awesome. Imagine racing your friends on Saturday mornings online. You can ride world wide routes with them...

Also imagine how coaching will evolve by using this.......

Limitless

Edited by Garfield2010

http://www.tacx.com/...rainers/ironman

What do you think of this?

The software looks awesome. Imagine racing your friends on Saturday mornings online. You can ride world wide routes with them...

Also imagine how coaching will evolve by using this.......

Limitless

On paper it might be attractive but in reality I don't think it will ever replace a group ride...it is a bit gimmicky. Even the VR of tacx doesnt appeal to me....For an all out training machine you will have to look far to beat the wattbike...but it aint cheap.

I'm using the Bushido. It's great because it needs no power source so I can use it wherever I like. It's also completely wireless which makes it quick and easy to move and set up. I'm not using any of the PC based software or VR products that are available for it. All it is is an indoor trainer with power measurement which is all I need (oh that and a frontal lobotomy to help with the boredom of 2 hours sessions on it)

I cannot comment on the other product.

The watt bike is very expensive.

that it is....but boy oh boy.....what a piece of kit. Good enough for sky, good enough for me. It really closes the loop between training and equipment in the sense that they don't focus on gimmicks....just what is important.

Should be go halfies on the one in the classifieds....dibs on it standing at my house for the first 6 months :whistling:

Don't tempt me!!