New to MTB, female and not MTB fit as yet ;) Morningside/sunninghill and surrounding areas

Ulfa

Groenkloof is safe solo ito of security imo, but for a novice you will need to be shown around, and there are some technical bits. Its also a bit of a drive from Jhb which has become a factor price-of-fuel and e-toll wise. But its a great place to go for a mtb ride, a real treasure.

THERE HAS BEEN A FEW INCIDENTS THERE, remember the other day a dad and his son was riding the dad was a few meters behind and they hit the poor kid off the bike, groenies is not as safe as it used to be

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THERE HAS BEEN A FEW INCIDENTS THERE, remember the other day a dad and his son was riding the dad was a few meters behind and they hit the poor kid off the bike, groenies is not as safe as it used to be

Groenies ??? Surely you are talking about Fountains ?

Don't be sorry, just wake up!

oh please pay attention, i said sorry, dont you think its time to TRY and contribute positively even if its just once

oh please pay attention, i said sorry, dont you think its time to TRY and contribute positively even if its just once

Okay Dipslick. I will do my best :wub:

Never say never, but honestly I ride there at least twice a month, and yet to see a dodgy person. Fountains side is a different story, yes. Wildebeest can get a bit agro but that's about it. It is securely fenced off and maintained. though I have seen some gaps under the fence from recent rains to the north bordering the highway.

Just some Wattle growing out of control there, that's my only complaint, Guys, do yourself and the reserve a favour, pull out the wattle shoots out when you see them, but make sure the tap root comes out with it, if it breaks it will regenerate.

thanks, I'm going to give northern farm a bash and cycle lab.

I think I will replace my cardio which i do during the week at gym with spinning! Hopefully this will help me.

Spinning an excellent idea...as an instructor myself and keen cyclist, I guarantee you will reap the benefits of adding spinning to your exercise regime...enjoy!

This here hub has gone to the dogs. Three pages and no demands for pics? OK, Vetseun tried , but that is just not good enough. Wassup folks? Or is the OP the girlfriend of Chuck Norris and I have just committed the faux pas of the decade? ;)

This here hub has gone to the dogs. Three pages and no demands for pics? OK, Vetseun tried , but that is just not good enough. Wassup folks? Or is the OP the girlfriend of Chuck Norris and I have just committed the faux pas of the decade? ;)

Haha- I see the OP liked your comment, yet no pictures posted...

Unless she Pm'd them to you??? ;)

Haha- I see the OP liked your comment, yet no pictures posted...

Unless she Pm'd them to you??? ;)

You snooze you loose ... profile pic was super hot :devil:

But was then changed to a more "conservative" version :D

Groenies ??? Surely you are talking about Fountains ?

:eek: :whistling: :whistling: :blush: :blush: :blush:

eish sorry

Ja, at Groenies its the giraffes that moer you!! :nuke: