cyclelab running reds!

Tayyib

...they were not my club mates as the times and location do not correspond.

Amusing how my post has been completely swept under the rug. :whistling: :D

I hate to say it but I saw it as well on Saturday morning. I was waiting for my riding buddy at the bottom of Leslie and Troupant right near Cycle Lab - whole bunch of 'em blasted the red as they stared down their noses at me on my mtb. :ph34r:

Only reason I posted at all was because I thought hey, I saw that on Saturday too!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Tayyib , just to answer your question ...

On the first page of this thread, the heading reads .....

Started by Tayyib, Apr 26 2014 04:05

with all respect, if you wrote this at 04:05 am on the 26th April,

which is very early on Saturday morning,

you predicted the future by a few hours?

This cannot be.

The route is way off from the clubs rides route, and the time does not correspond..

I appreciate this thread for public awareness, but I believe you have the wrong group of cyclists.

The above description of riding that you witnessed, is definitely not in the club rules.

hey Fabs

I certainly did not predict the future! I see what you mean by the time stamp posted. On my side it shows I posted at just after 2am on the Saturday morning. Which is even earlier! iv been advised that I have the wrong time zone set to my account.

But this is irrelevant none the less.

I have been informed by a marshal for cycle lab that on a Saturday the club rides are in the cradle.

I am not disputing that.

However as mentioned before anyone can don the jerseys and take to the road on a non official club ride. Which I presume now is the case, it is then unfortunate that they chose to wear their club jerseys while doing this!

I certainly hope that this riding is not in any clubs rules, but their are always those who break them. Their are other eyewitnesses to riders donning the lab jersey and running reds that morning.so I think that settles that problem.

hope all enjoy the holiday tomorrow and are able to get some time in the saddle!!

Hello Cellar.

I do know where the CycleLab members are on saturday mornings, and on which routes too.

Its not that difficult when you are in well organised groups.

However, this incident occurred away from our usual routes, on a different day.

Hi there, this morning at the Shack ride from the McDonalds, there was a guy in a lab shirt. Who was he, and why wasn't he riding with the rest of the lab?

Sounds like it was an unofficial club ride then

All I can tell you is that this thread is at the end of it's third period already .

All I can tell you is that this thread is at the end of it's third period already .

The thread has periods? Does it require always ultra with wings?

Edited by Cellar

Guest EdEdEd

Hello Cellar.

I do know where the CycleLab members are on saturday mornings, and on which routes too.

Its not that difficult when you are in well organised groups.

However, this incident occurred away from our usual routes, on a different day.

It seems like you are posting from the future?

Predicting the past! :eek:

hey Fabs

I certainly did not predict the future! I see what you mean by the time stamp posted. On my side it shows I posted at just after 2am on the Saturday morning. Which is even earlier! iv been advised that I have the wrong time zone set to my account.

But this is irrelevant none the less.

I have been informed by a marshal for cycle lab that on a Saturday the club rides are in the cradle.

I am not disputing that.

However as mentioned before anyone can don the jerseys and take to the road on a non official club ride. Which I presume now is the case, it is then unfortunate that they chose to wear their club jerseys while doing this!

I certainly hope that this riding is not in any clubs rules, but their are always those who break them. Their are other eyewitnesses to riders donning the lab jersey and running reds that morning.so I think that settles that problem.

hope all enjoy the holiday tomorrow and are able to get some time in the saddle!!

Hello Tayyib.

Thanks for your well wishes.

In fact you also have realised that this is not the official Cyclelab rides.

Its very difficult to control individuals who want to do their own thing.

My initial concern is that your post has a heading ... Cyclelab running reds.

This is not the case.

Happy riding to you too. :thumbup:

Edited by fabs

Guest EdEdEd

Hello Tayyib.

Thanks for your well wishes.

In fact you also have realised that this is not the official Cyclelab rides.

Its very difficult to control individuals who want to do their own thing.

My initial concern is that your post has a heading ... Cyclelab running reds.

This is not the case.

Happy riding to you too. :thumbup:

Fabs. Dont take all these (of us) too seriously... This is the hub remember :thumbup:

I nearly always stop at red lights. If I see the road is clear and not cars in sight I might amble across.

If I'm in a rush, and I will be honest here, I might run a red after checking its safe and making sure there is no one with a MTB on a bike rack on the back of their car. I am always worried it might be a MTB hubber and those okes are hectic about rules.

Edited by HappyMartin

I proudly wore my Cycle Lab kit this morning while stopping at traffic lights. But that wouldn't make a headline...

Considering you in London, no it wouldn't.

I proudly wore my Cycle Lab kit this morning while stopping at traffic lights. But that wouldn't make a headline...

Are you proud of stopping at the lights, or wearing the cycle lab kit? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

How long exactly were these stops for? and how green were the lights when you rolled through them?

• 2 weeks later...

The point is, all the guyz from cycle lab are a bunch of wankers, any1 whos been cycling for 2 weeks knows this... Dont sweat it, laat hulle voort f*k

The point is, all the guyz from cycle lab are a bunch of wankers, any1 whos been cycling for 2 weeks knows this... Dont sweat it, laat hulle voort f*k

And you know this because?